I Promise... Rewritten

Hey, I would appreciate it you could listen to John Legend - All of Me whilst reading.

Thank you, 

C x

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aana’s POV:

“WHAT THE FUCK?” I screamed, shoving the guy on to the floor and off of the bed. Oh god, please tell me I didn’t bloody sleep with him. I looked down at my semi bare body. “WHY THE FREAK AM I ONLY WEARING A T-SHIRT, WHO EVEN ARE YOU?”

“Aana, you asked me to stay, please tell me you haven’t forgotten?” the guy frowned, crawling back on the bed. I was still hunched up with the duvet in the corner of my bed. “Aana, we didn’t sleep together if that’s what you’re worried about.” He looked slightly sad and embarrassed. Memories of last night came flooding back to me, I asked him to stay. I suddenly felt a wave of regret for assuming he had taken advantage. I remember the bar, the many drinks and Gabby. Oh fuck Gabby.

“Um no, I remember. Don’t worry Joe.” I smiled, adding extra emphasis on his name. “You haven’t heard from the rest of them, have you?”

“Don’t worry Mother Hen; all your little birdies are safe.” He laughed, probably very proud of his analogy.

“Haha.” I smiled, sarcastically.

“No but really. I texted the guys last night to make sure the girls got back OK and to tell them you’re with me.”

“Aw, thank you.” I cooed. “Was I really that out of it?”

“Umm, you drank a lot.”

“So talk me through what happened last night?” I frowned, waiting to hear the worst.

“Well, we got here. You asked me to stay, I did. You made sausages because they resembled something ‘naughty’. Your words, not mine.” Automatically, my hand found its way to my face, covering it in total shame. He laughed at my very obvious embarrassment then carried on. “You fell asleep in your full outfit in the middle of the hall, screaming ‘the floor loves me, even if you don’t’. I carried you in to your room, tried to undress you as best as I could and then lay down next to you. I wouldn’t take advantage Aana.” Joe smiled.

“Thank you, so much! But how did you know this was my room?”

“Not sure but I think it was the sign that read ‘AANA’ in bold italics on the door. Maybe, maybe not.” He smirked. “Anyway, shall we make some breakfast and get some pills for that hangover you’re probably experiencing right now?” His smirk was so sexy and his short brown hair definitely made a fine contribution. I nodded and rolled out of bed, walking to the bathroom with a black jumpsuit in my hand.

============.===========.=============.=========

“Hey.” I grinned, walking into the kitchen to face Joe. Who was wearing my Mum’s ‘Cake is my best friend!’ apron. “What’s going on?”

“Hi, I was just making breakfast; you look beautiful by the way.” Joe smirked, turning back to the eggs. He walked over to the dining table and pulled out a chair, ushering for me to sit. He was officially the cutest. I loved how he made breakfast and he complimented me. Although, I was just wearing comfy casual. My black hair was down in little curls because it was wet and I was wearing a plain black jumpsuit with my fluffy Tigger slippers.

“Joe, this is amazing. Thank you.” I smiled, squeezing his hand from across the table. We ate breakfast; it was amazing how easy it was to talk to him. He was definitely cocky but nice at the same time. I realised that I still hadn’t checked my phone and quite frankly I didn’t have a clue where my phone was. I didn’t even take a bag last night so it must have been in my jacket. “Joe, have you seen my phone?”