Chapter 15 - Your Eyes

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry I was never there for you, but we have sometime now, so lets not waste it"he whispered gently into my ear, soothingly rubbing circles on my back.After calming me down, he sat up with me on his lap.He looked me up and down, smiling at the sight.

"You look a lot like your mom, apart from your eyes and your hair is a different shade of red"he smiled and I grinned like I always do.

"Now, lets get down to business"he said. ( not like that you little pervs, he is her father for God's sake! )
I nodded, wondering what he meant.
"You have to control your feelings better or else your Makigan will activate itself, revealing you are my daughter"he said all serious.
"What do you mean Papa?What is Makigan?"I titled my head in confusion before I started fading.
"Oh, seems like our time's up.Just remember, control those feelings of yours, don't tell anyone you met me or the fact that I'm your father annnd…"he trailed off, kissing my forehead.
"I love both you and your brother, don't get yourselves killed"he smiled.
"I promise to protect us both and I love you too, Daddy!"I grinned.
"That's my girl"was the last thing I heard and his smiling face the last thing I saw before everything became white.

Suddenly, the bright white light faded and I felt everything hurt once again. Opening my eyes, I saw Oni-chan fighting the masked guy.

Somehow standing up, I felt a new source of energy fly through me as my eyes widened at my brothers form.He was covered in red chakra, slashing at his opponent like a wild animal.

'I need to stop him!'I mentally yelled, running to him at the speed I didn't know was possible.

As soon as I touched his back, I felt a huge amount of energy fly into me and seconds later, the red covers disappeared and Naruto collapsed, leaving me to stare at the boy who's mask fell off, revealing the boy from the forest.
My eyes widened as I recognized his pale face.
"Haku..."I whispered as he smiled at me.
"I'm happy you remembered"he said as we heard a sound of a thousand chirping birds.Turning around, I saw Grandpa about to stab moo-moo pants with lightning right in the gut.

Everything went in slow motion as I saw my childhood best friend appear in the middle at the last second, taking the fatal blow.Blood splashed everywhere and all I could do was stand there, frozen.

"Haku!"I screamed as I ran to him, waterfalls streaming down my pale face.I collapsed next to his body, making him look at me.

"M-mai.Y-y-your left e-eye is b-blue and the r-right one is r-r-red"he said weakly, coughing up a hell lot of blood.
"Stop talking!Please, save your breath!I'll find a way to save you!I have to find one!"I cried while holding his hand, feeling his pulse get weaker and weaker.
"No no no no no no no no!"I yelled, trying to come up with an idea.

'I have to do something!I can't let him die!'

Not a second later, I lost control of my body.

3rd POV

As Mai lost control, her eyes turned a soft shade of blue and her hands glowed the same color, moving over Haku's body.Her hands started shaking at some point put became steady once red chakra surrounded her.

After a little while, her hands stopped glowing and her eyes went back to normal just to close as her body fell limp over her best friend's.

Timeskip to the next morning
Mai's POV

Opening my eyes, I groaned at the sunlight burning my eyes.Sitting up, I whined as every movement hurt like hell.

"Lie down Mai, sensei said you did a good job by saving Haku but passed out because of chakra loss"my teammate said, gently pushing me down.
"Is Haku alright Cherry?"I asked as I did as told.
"First of all, he is fine and second of all, can I stick with this nickname?I kinda like it"she said, changing the bandages around my hands.
"Sure, as long as you stop drooling over Ducky"I mumbled, not wanting to get bunked on the head when I can't hit back.

A few hours after I woke up, we started our journey back home with guys, excluding Duckbutt, carrying me on their back taking turns since I was still running low on catra.
'*sigh*For the last time kid, it is still chakra!'Kurimi spoke, her voice filled with annoyance but somewhat tired.
'Hey, haven't talked to you in a while!I thought you were mad at me or something… anyways, good to have you back!'I cheerfully conversed with her as the guys carried me back to Konoha with me falling asleep on Haku's back when we were halfway there.

Up there is a picture I found on the internet since I am way to lazy to take a picture of what I've drawn yesterday.Hey, don't you dare judge me, its 01:50 fluffing am in my time zone!