To My Perfect Little Idiot

Jason's POV

I take a deep breath and get out of the car with the orchids I got, since they were her favorite flower. I start walking into the cemetery and on the way there I see all the other people coming to the burial.

Everyone wears black and it's like a sad scene from a movie. Except, there's no rain. The sky is clear and a brilliant blue, which is strange because San Francisco is usually cloudy.

When everyone arrives, the burial starts. The minister says a prayer and a blessing for Jaelyn, then everyone that has something to say makes a small speech or wish for her. I don't though. I don't need to say anything in front of them, I said all I could say to her before she left me.

After about twenty minutes, everyone starts leaving as quickly as they came. I just stand there, looking at the gravestone. It's still hard for me to believe she's gone, but I'm glad she's not in anymore pain.

Jaelyn's parents get ready to leave and come over to me. "How are you holding up," Mr.Elliot asks. "I miss her like crazy," I answer," She was my world." Her mom hugs me and I hug her back. "She loved you," Mrs.Elliot says," I don't know if she ever told you, but she loved you." I nod. "I know and I love her still. I always will," I say.

Mr.Elliot suddenly pulls something from the inside of his coat pocket. "Here," he says while handing me a letter," She asked us to give it to you once she was gone." "Thank you," I say and take the letter.

Mrs.Elliot hugs me one last time. "You're always welcome at our place and you can come to us if you ever need anything," she says. "Thank you," I say again. She smiles and starts walking away.

Mr.Elliot puts a hand on my shoulder when he walks by. "Thank you," he says," You made her last day the best one." "Happy to do so, sir," I say. He smiles and nods at me before leaving.

I don't want to leave just yet, so I decide to read her letter before leaving. I open it and laugh a little when I read the first five words.

To my perfect little idiot,

Hey, Jason. If you're reading this that means I'm either gone or you're at my house and found this. If you found it, please don't attack me with tickles and interrogate me like you always do after reading this.

I want to say I'm sorry about all of this. I'm sorry for hurting you like this, I'm sorry for not telling you, and I'm sorry for always turning you down when you ask me out. I couldn't stand to see you hurt, so I never said anything about it.

As for me always saying no, it was because I knew this would happen eventually and I didn't want to say yes and then die. That's not cool, but if I ended up saying yes after writing this, I'm sorry for doing that. I didn't mean to.

I would've said yes (or said yes sooner) if I wasn't dying. You're better than any bestfriend I could ever dream of having and you made the little time I had unbelievably amazing. I woke up every morning as the happiest girl in the world because of you and I wish I had more time to be with you.

And don't cry over me too much. I can't come hug you and make you feel better. Besides, it's not goodbye forever. I'll see you again one day. Hopefully not soon though because that would mean something happened to you.

Take care of yourself now that I'm not there to watch you. I love you, Jason, with all my heart. Even if I never told you, I do. Until we meet again.

Love you,

Jaelyn <3

I smile and close the letter, placing it carefully into my jacket pocket. "I love you too," I say softly while placing the orchids on top of the gravestone," Rest well, my princess." With that, I leave the cemetery. Her letter is in the pocket closest to my heart because that's where she will forever be. In my heart.

_____________________________________________

Hey guys. Comment if you cried because I did, but I just think I'm soft. I sound like a youtuber, but whatever. Please vote and comment. Thanks for reading!