Hour 17

11:00 p.m.

We walk out of the aquarium and onto the pier itself. It's surprisingly warm outside and there's a slight breeze. It feels nice. Jason wraps an arm around me again and I look up at him.

"Anything else you want to do," I ask. "Wanna get ice cream and just walk around for a bit? The pier looks nice when it's lit up at night," he says. "Okay," I say. He smiles and we talk for a while while walking to the ice cream shop.

"Hi, what can I get for you two," the waitress asks. Jason looks at me. "Vanilla, right," he asks and I nod. "One chocolate and one vanilla, please," he says. "You got it. That'll be eight dollars," she says.

I tap Jason's arm. "I got this one," I say. "Jaelyn, I've got it. It's not a big deal," he says. I stop because I don't want to argue or debate with him about it. I started feeling really tired when we left the aquarium.

I let him have his way and he hands me my ice cream. "Thanks," I say. "No problem," he says. We leave the ice cream shop and eat while walking quietly down the pier. There's few people here because it's getting late and he was right about the pier. It does look nice at night.

Neither of us got a lot of ice cream, so we finish eating it quickly and just walk. We decide to go to the end of the pier, since we can see the moon and stars clearly from there. It's quiet because we're both quiet and I can feel that Jason is looking at me.

"Jaelyn, are you mad because I didn't let you pay," Jason asks since I haven't said anything. "No, I just don't like that you payed for it all," I say. "Don't worry about it, princess. I did it because I wanted to, so don't think you're being a burden," he says.

He still has his arm around me, so I lay my head on his shoulder. "Thank you, Jason," I say," This has been the absolute best day ever." "You're welcome. I'd do anything for you, princess," he says and holds me closer.

I smile a little, but it quickly disappears. "I have to tell you something," I say softly. "Sorry, what did you say," he asks. "Jason, I have to tell you som-," I'm interrupted by a sudden coughing fit. "Jaelyn," he says worriedly. He comes closer, but I motion for him to stay back.

Unlike my other fits, this one is violent and lasts much longer. When it's finally over, I stand up all the way, but I get extremely dizzy and a wave of fatigue washes over me. I start to loose my balance and soon I black out.