Hours 19 - 23

1:00 a.m.

Jaelyn's POV

I slowly open my eyes as I hear an oddly familiar beeping noise. I sit up and look around the room. It's dark, but I notice a mechine next to the bed I'm on. A red line that goes up into a sharp peak, then drops, then repeats. It's a heart monitor. I'm back in the hospital, which I'm really short on time.

"Jaelyn!"

I turn to look at the door and I see Jason coming into the room. "Jason," I breathe. He comes in and pulls me into a tight hug. "You scared me so much," he says. My eyes swell with tears and moments later I start crying.

"I'm sorry," I say and pull away from his hug. "Jaelyn, why are you apologizing," he asks. "Because I'm dying," I say through tears," I have cancer, stage four. I should've told you sooner, but I just- I couldn't do it. I'm sorry."

He holds my chin and gently turns my head so I'm looking at him. He gently wipes my tears away with his thumbs, then leans down and kisses me tenderly. I hear the beeping on the heart monitor speed up and I know it's because of him. When he pulls away, he looks me in the eyes before saying anything.

"I know," he says," I have for years." "But how," I ask. "A few years ago, you sent a text message about it after a doctor's appointment. It was meant to be for your dad, but you accidentally sent it to me," he explains. "And you still stayed and did all of this," I ask. "Of course," he says. "You're an idiot sometimes," I say as tears start falling again.

He smiles a little and pulls me in for another hug. I wrap my arms around him too and bury my face in his chest. "I'm scared," I say through muffled tears. "I know," he says. "Please don't leave me," I say. "Don't worry, princess, I'm not going anywhere," he promises while stroking my hair. He kisses the top of my head and I smile weakly, still hugging him.

"Are you tired," he asks after a few minutes. "I don't want to sleep," I answer. "Do you want to watch a movie then," he asks. "Okay," I say. "I'll go get my laptop from my car. I'll be right back," he says and I nod. I wait for a little bit on the bed and he comes back to the room as fast as he left it.

He pulls the tray they would usually put food on over to the bed and sets his laptop on it. "We need a movie to cheer you up," he says and I smile a little. "Can we watch Fault In Our Stars later," I ask. "I said we need to cheer you up, not make you cry," he says. "I know, but it's kind of fitting," I say," Please?" "Alright, but only because you want to," he relpies," We're gonna watch something funny first though."

He picks one of the hundreds of movies he has in library . We've actually watched most them because we get bored when we study sometimes. "Okay, all set," he says. "Jason, we have a little problem. The bed is only made for one person," I remind him. "I can fix that," he says.

He walks to the other side of the bed and I move over a little. He sits down and lifts me up on to his lap. He holds me around my waist and rest his chin on my shoulder. "See? Problem solved," he says. "Genius," I say jokingly and clap a few times. "Anything to be with you," he says and kisses my cheek.

"What is this," I ask him since he's kissed me multiple times today and been really touchy feely. "What is what," he asks. "This. Are we just friends again or are we still on our date or-," he cuts me off. "Will you be my girlfriend," he asks. My eyes widen at his question. "B- but I'm not gonna-, In a few hours, I'll be-," he cuts me off again. "I don't care. I want to be with you. Even if it's only for a few hours," he says," So will you be my girlfriend?"

I turn to look at him. "Are you sure? I just- I don't want to hurt you more," I say. He smiles and pecks my lips. "I've never been more certain of anything," he says. "Okay," I agree," I'm all your's." "Finally," he says, pretending to be exasperated," It took two years, but finally." "I'm sorry. I only said no because I knew this was going to happen," I say. "Well, I've got you now and I'm happy to be with you for any amount of time," he says," Now let's watch our movie."

I smile and lean against him a little while he starts the movie. "The Pacifier," I ask. "Hey, Vin Diesel was funny in this movie," he says. "I'll trust you on this one," I say. "Yay," he exclaims and I giggle. He's really cute.

About halfway through the movie, he starts playing with my hair. He makes little braids, then takes them out and sometimes just runs his hands through it. He stops after a few minutes and lays his head in the crook of my neck. I can feel his breath on my neck and it sends a chill down my spine at first.

"Jason," I call. "Yeah," he asks. "You're weird," I tell him. "You like it," he says. "I do," I say. I can feel the smile forming on his lips becaue he never moved his head. He leaves a few soft, innocent kisses on my neck and shoulder.

Again, the speed of the ever annoying beeps of the heart monitor increases. "You're going to get whoever's monitoring that thing worried," I tell him. "Fine," he mumbles and leaves another kiss or two before lifting his head. "You're blushing," he comments. "It's your fault," I say. "Just the way I like it," he says and kisses my cheek. I giggle and he smiles. Then we finish watching the movie.

______________________________________________________

Hey, just to clarify, this is not everything they did between hours 19 and 23. I didn't write the specifics of everything that happened because that's a big time gap, but they pretty much just spend the rest of those hours watching movies together. Just in case anyone was confused by that.