Hour 1

8:00 a.m.

This is it. This is very likely to be my last day on this earth. Knowing this gives me a new view on everything. Because of my situation, I've always been a bit of a pessimist. But now, it seems to me that I should take a risk. I mean, what do I have to loose?

Even so, there's someone I need to see before it's all over. Or at least say goodbye to. I take out my phone and text my bestfriend, Jason. I'm 18 and he's 19, so he's a little older than me, but we've always gome through everything together. Everything except for this that is.

We're bestfriends, but I really like him and I know he likes me too. But I've always turned him down when he asks me out. I never had the heart to tell him about this because I didn't want to hurt him. But I can't let it end without talking to him one more time. He means too much to me.

Jason <3

Me: hey

Jason: hey. What's wrong?

Me: why do u think something's wrong?

Jason: u only used 1 y in hey

Me: oh. Ig u r right

Jason: aww. What's wrong princess?

Me: stuff

Jason: like what?

Me: maybe I'll tell u l8r

Jason: ok. I know what'll cheer u up

Me: what?

Jason: going on a date with me lol

Me: ok. Let's go

Jason: what?

Me: I said ok

Jason: rlly?!?

Me: yes u goofball. We can spend the whole day together

Jason: ok. When do u wanna go?

Me: pick me up within the next hour?

Jason: you got it. See u in a bit princess

Me: see u soon <3

Jason: <3

I put my phone down and get off of my bed to get ready to go. I've always turned him down because I didn't want to hurt him. But if this is my last day, I want to spend it with him. I don't want to die regretting never saying yes to him because I know I would've if I'd just laughed it off.

I get ready to go and put my shoes on. I make sure to put my phone and everything I might need into my purse. Then I grab a sealed letter off of my desk and go downstairs to wait for him.

"Honey, why are you up," my mom asks worriedly when she sees me. "I'm going out," I answer. "What? Why? With who," asks my dad. "Jason. I agreed to go on a date with him," I say.

"You should rest. You might speed up the process," my mom says."No! I'm not going to sit in bed all day, waiting for it to happen," I protest."Jaelyn," she says, sounding surprised by my outburst."Mom, if this really is my last day, I want to be with him," I say with tears in my eyes," Please don't make me stay. I want to be with him."

My father gets up from his char and stand besides my mother. "Let her go, Camilla," he says. My mom looks at him, obviously shocked. "James-" He stops her. "I'm worried about her too, but it's her choice. Let her use the time she has left with someone she wants to spend it with. It's the best thing we can do for her now," he says.

I smile at my dad and hug him. "Thank you," I say. "You're welcome. I want you to make the most of your time," he says and kisses the top of my head. "I will," I promise him.