Chapter Twenty-Six

"Are you sure you're up to this, love?" Ollie asks, shooting me a quick glance before returning his eyes to the road. "I'm sure Grandama will understand if we don't come."

"Ollie, if you turn this car around, there will be no more morning blow-jobs or shower-time hand-jobs for a long time," I say, voice coming out completely neutral.

When Ollie looks at me this time, his eyes are wide. Raising a brow at him, I smirk as his gaze turns back to the road, throat bobbing as he swallows. "Guess Grandama won't be disappointed after all."

Dr. Romero had just told me that it was okay to start moving around again at my appointment yesterday. Ollie had asked a bunch of questions, trying to figure out what was okay. Thank God Dr. Romero is so patient and understanding, she had even told Ollie that sex was okay, as long as it wasn't too vigorous. That had caused all questions to stop, and Dr. Romero to just smile.

As soon as Virginia heard, she invited us to her brunch that she is having today. It will be the first one we have been able to go to in months, and I was practically crawling to get out of the house and do something.

Ollie was still worried though, just as he always is when it comes to me. After numerous promises to take it easy and not walk around too much, Ollie had finally agreed to go.

Nico's care is already there when we pull into the driveway. He and Maya are always on time, and having a baby hasn't stopped them in the least.

The sun is shining bright in the sky, not a cloud in sight. The wind is even gentle, causing the air to actually be comfortable instead of cold. A smile spreads across my face when I notice that the flowers along the driveway are starting to bloom. They just add to the sense of summer that is soon to come, and I honestly cannot wait.

Ollie has to help me out of the car, but even that can't kill my mood. With the coffee cake that I had made earlier this morning in hand, I walk up the rest of the driveway, Ollie by my side.

The front door swings open, revealing a smiling Virginia. "There're my boys!" she says, taking the coffee cake from me before pulling me into a quick hug. "So happy you could make it."

"Wouldn't miss having some of your delicious cooking, Virginia," I say, a wide smile on my face.

She just laughs, beckoning us inside. "Come in, come it. Nico and Maya are already out back getting the picnic table ready and the barbeque started."

"Barbeque?" Ollie asks, closing the door behind us. "What are we having?"

"Hamburgers, with sweet potato fries and the delicious looking fruit salad that Maya made."

My stomach gurgles, causing Virginia to laugh. Placing a hand on my stomach, I follow her to the kitchen. "That sounds wonderful."

Once there, Virginia hands me a bowl of fresh fruit, more than likely from the fruit salad Maya brought. "Now, you eat this while Ollie," she motions her grandson over, "You start slicing these sweet potatoes."

She ducks out of the room while I munch on the fruit, the burst of flavor a welcome surprise. "So good."

"You got the easy task," Ollie mumbles, peeling the sweet potatoes.

Raising my brow at him, I take another bite of fruit. "You try growing two babies and see who in this room has the easy task."

Virginia comes back into the room then, hands behind her back. "Now, don't be mad."

"Oh no," Ollie says, looking over at her. "What did you buy this time, Grandama."

"Nothing too big," she says.