keep to yourself

martinus pov//

i was frozen in my posistion. i really didn't think she would wake up and hear me. i mean she is normally a heavy sleeper and won't hear me.

i turned around and faced her now. she sat up in her bed and rubbed the back of her head. even when she is clearly sad and has been crying she is so beautiful.

alex-"what are you doing here?"

her voice was soft and delicate. it was cracking as she was saying those words and on the verge of breaking.

martinus-"i wanted to make sure you were okay."

alex-"oh."

she laid back down and she seemed so sad. what was it? was it me or was it something more than that. i went over to her.

i sat down next to her and put my hand on her shoulder. she moved her body pushing my hand off of her.

martinus-"can you just please tell me what's wrong. i can see it in your eyes that are sad. what is it?"

she didn't say anything to me. she just took small breaths like when she was sleeping before. she couldn't even look at me could she.

martinus-"please alex look at me. tell me what's wrong. if it's me i need to know. we need to work this out."

she looked at me with those deep hazel eyes. i knew she was screaming on the inside, yet nothing was coming out.

she just shook her head and put her hands in her face. i could see a tear escaping from her hands. i sat down on her bed and held her in my arms.

she wasn't ready to tell me or maybe she couldn't but i just couldn't watch her cry.

martinus-"please don't cry. we can make things better. i'll make them better. anything so you can forget about the pain i'll do for you."

she let out a deep sob and she put her arms righter around me then they were before. i let her cry for a little while.

martinus-"come on, i can help you feel better i'll run you a bath."

alex-"n-no."

martinus-"i'll leave if you want then."

i tried to get up but her arms were glued to mine. i guess she did want me here for a reason even if i hurt her.

alex-"lay with me."

martinus-"are you sure?"

she nodded her head. if it will help her feel better. she cralwed further under her blankets. i got on the other side of the bed and laid flat on my back.

she moved her head onto my chest and was holding onto my body like a teddy bear of some sort. i looked down at her and moved the hair out of her face. i wiped her eyes and pulled the blanket closer to her.

she nuzzled up next to me and looked so cute. i wasn't sure if i was going to ever have this happen again. i missed her even though she was never gone.

alex-"don't leave."

martinus-"i won't. i'm right here."

alex-"i mean for emilia."

martinus-"i wouldn't. i love you."

alex-"i love you."

woah. that was the first time we said that to each other. even though she was sleepy when she said it and all i know she meant it.

martinus-"can we be okay?"

alex-"yes."

martinus-"thank god."