noticing

martinus pov//

i couldn't stop think about alex. i was wondering why she was upset this morning. i really just wanted to give her a huge hug and have her tell me what's wrong.

i could see it. she was crying. i could also tell something was going on. i overheard a little bit of what mom was saying to her this morning.

maybe she has gotten better since. at least i got her to smile. who knows how long its been since she last smiled.

jacob-"martinus? are you even listening to us?"

it was lunch and marcus and i were sitting with the boys. i wasn't paying attention at all.

martinus-"no sorry what did you say?"

jacob-"we were talking about how all of us should hang out friday night. you in?"

martinus-"yea sounds good. where?"

marcus-"what about our place?"

jacob-"yea sounds good! is it okay with your parents?"

marcus-"i'm sure! i mean mom wont be home anyways cause her and emma are hanging out with her friends and dad never minds."

jacob-"great! it's boys night."

marcus-"i'll text everyone!"

martinus-"um marcus what about alex?"

jacob-"invite alex then! any guy is welcome."

martinus-"first off alex is a girl."

jacob stopped eating and eyed me. he raised an eyebrow and did that smirk he always does.

jacob-"does martinus gunnarsen have a girlfriend?"

marcus-"oh he wishes."

i jabbed marcus in the side making him choke on his chips. i laughed a little bit.

jacob-"so who is she?"

martinus-"she's a family friend that is staying with us for a while."

jacob-"oh cool. is she hot?"

marcus-"i mean i think she is pretty, but not my type."

martinus-"she is very pretty."

jacob-"so why don't you go for her."

martinus-"because she is living with us and definitely doesn't want a relationship now."

jacob-"im not living with her can i go for her?"

i rolled my eyes and went back to eating my food. alex wouldn't like a guy like jacob. or i would hope so.

;;

marcus and i were waiting for mom to come pick us up. we don't have any homework tonight which i'm really happy about.

that means i can hang out more with alex and marcus tonight. mainly alex. i mean of course i always am with marcus. we are inseparable.

marcus-"so here's who is coming over friday. jacob, thomas, nick, and ellias."

martinus-"sounds good but seriously what are we gonna do with alex."

marcus-"she can either hang with us or stay in her room. she doesn't talk anyways."

martinus-"right."

mom pulled up and both of us got in the car. when i opened the door i was surprised to see alex sitting on the end.

marcus went in the front and i went in the back a seat away from alex. emma must have stayed home.