ice cold

martinus pov//

all i could think about was who alex had a crush on. i'm not saying im jealous but she doesn't tell us anything.

i just want to know more about her and have us be friends but it doesnt seem like she cares at all.

i don't know maybe i need to give her more time. besides neither marcus or i proved ourselves to be good friends with her.

im happy she is making friends with those girls. maybe it will take her mind off of things.

the three of us were in gym. i was trying to focus on the soccer game but i kept messing up.

alex was on the other team. every time she got the ball i went up to guard her. she was really quick and got the ball easily.

she should join a soccer team or something. she is too good to not be playing.

after the game ended we all went to get water.

martinus-"marcus?"

marcus-"yeah?"

martinus-"who do you think it is that alex likes?"

marcus-"dunno."

martinus-"okay."

marcus-"why is someone jealous?"

martinus-"no."

marcus-"liar."

martinus-"i just want to know. is that such a bad thing.

marcus-"mhm okay."

the whistle was blown and we resumed the game. the rest of the time i was more focused than before. i tried to not let alex get in my head.

after it was over we all went back into the lockeroom. jacob was complaing about how alex shot him down.

i'm pretty glad she did. he doesnt deserve someone like her anyways.

jacob-"i mean i can't believe she said no."

thomas-"yeah it was so funny."

jacob shot thomas a look and he was quiet.

nick-"i would try again friday."

ellias-"if she said no once what makes you think she is changing her mind?"

marcus-"yeah besides she said she was into someone."

jacob-"who!"

martinus-"don't know."

jacob-"well someone find out for me."

ellias-"well maybe we can friday. i know emma is going over."

nick-"yeah girls always talk about that stuff."

thomas-"so i guess we have some eavesdropping to do."

jacob-"sounds like a plan."

jacob slammed the locker shut. i don't like this idea, but i'm actually so curious myself. i just really want to know.

the six of us walked out together and at the same time alex, emma, maddie, alana and lea were coming too.

we all just looked at each other awkwardly. we crossed each others passed and i turned my head back.

at the same time alex must have done it as well. i looked forward again and continued walking. we only have one more class and then we get to go home.

all of us walked through outside and it was snowing. i felt something hit my back.

i turned and saw marcus standing there with a pile of snow in his hand. oh its on.