guilt

martinus pov//

i fell asleep so easily last night. ive been so tired over the past couple of days.

i was really excited it was friday. all the boys are coming over tonight which is going to be so much fun.

i dont know what we are gonna do, but if all the girls are coming over than we can have some fun.

i sat up in bed and put on a shirt. i went downstairs and grabbed a banana.

alex-"hi."

i turned around and saw alex. she had her hair in a messy bun and was still in her pajamas.

martinus-"hey. are you feeling better?"

she shook her head no. i guess she isnt talking that much now. she was super quiet now.

i hope she will talk more because its really nice talking to her. i wouldn't want to go back to being so quiet again.

martinus-"oh sorry to hear. are you gonna come to school?"

alex-"i-i don't have a choice."

martinus-"yeah you can stay home if you want."

she shook her head no. she turned back around and went upstairs again. what did she even come downstairs for?

whatever not important now. i went upstairs and put on ripped jeans and threw on my jacket and hat.

someone knocked on the door.

martinus-"come in."

marcus opened the door. he came and jumped on my bed messing it all up. he seemed excited about something.

marcus-"so i found out some things."

martinus-"is that what has you in a good mood."

marcus-"well its not a happy thing but it will answer some of our questions."

martinus-"alex?"

marcus-"yep."

i sat down and i was so curious about what he knows. leave it to marcus to figure all this stuff out.

i mean it makes sense he is on his phone all the time. he always can find anything you need.

marcus-"her mothers name was kathleen eriksson. she was apparently a mathematician who was pretty well known. she was top in her class and working towards solving some sort of theorum."

martinus-"so she was super smart."

marcus-"yes."

martinus-"so how did she-you know-die?"

marcus-"she committed suicide."

martinus-"are you serious?"

marcus-"yeah here ill read you the article."

he scrolled on his phone and clicked on an article.

marcus-"kathleen eriksson, famous mathmetician was found dead in her home on friday of november 3rd. kathleen had a daughter and a son who both lived with her. police ruled her death as a suicide due to the bottle of pills that was found in hand. doctors said that she didn't have a pulse when found by daughter alex larsson. she called the ambulances immediately and-"

martinus-"stop. ive heard enough."

i had a strange feeling in my stomach. i felt so sick. i couldnt imagine what alex had to go through. she had to find her mom...

i shook my head. marcus shut off the phone. neither of us said anything.

alex pov//