Chapter six: New encounters

Start from the beginning

“I said Is, Jayne Ryan here?” Mr Rubik’s beady eyes scanned across the room. Skank let out a nervous cough, still no one replied.

“I said is Jayne Ryan-“

“No!” cute boy interrupted him rudely, his face evidently pissed off.

“Okay, who’s next? Ah yes, Delilah May Evans?” raising her hands anxiously, she murmured a low present.

“So the freak is here?” sneering, skank raised an eyebrow challengingly at Delilah. The class immediately broke into a wild chatter, laughing amongst themselves at the stupid comment. Clenching my fist closed, Dee continued writing with a straight face, unmoved by the words. Ready to pounce on ‘skank’ I clench my fists close. The nerve she has to do that, I mean who the hell does she think she is? Slamming his fist on his table, Mr. Rubik turned an ugly yet dangerous shade of purple in anger.  Pointing his stubby, chubby fingers at ‘skank’ accusingly he pulled her out of the classroom muttering how she’ll be paying a visit to the principle. Well skank should have seen it coming, if the teacher hadn’t done anything well I would have caused her some serious damage to her fake face.

With the teacher now gone, the class turned in an uproar. Laughing, talking and casting odd looks towards Dee and me. Smirking slightly at my new found attention, I continue scrolling through Dees never been used phone. Sneaking a few glances across the room, cute boy avoided my gaze his attention fixed on his mates.

“So are you like new?”  Seating himself in front of me a blonde haired boy spoke, a smirk growing on the side of his lips. Raising my eyebrows at him, I pushed my sandy blonde hair past my shoulders. Boy is he trying way too hard here.

“No.” I answered, my blue eyes not once leaving the phone.

“Are you like some exchange student then?” some whiney voiced girl questioned, rolling my eyes in response I shifted awkwardly under everyone’s gaze.

“So what school do you come from then?” slamming the phone on the aging wooden desk, I turned to face my new formed audience. Their eyes filled with curiosity some of them envy and jealousy in others. Sighing I decide to give in to their questions.

“”okay, listen up. I’m not a new student nor am I a transfer student otherwise I’ll be wearing your lame school uniform...which by the looks of it none of you are wearing. Before you ask I’m just a visitor for a while and my real school is Aschem. Any other questions you wanna get off your chests?” looking around the classroom, each student stared at me bewildered, mouths slightly hanging open. Blonde haired boy blinked his eyes rapidly, a weak smile forming.

“Aschem? As in the same place Evans girl went to?” The blonde haired boy inquired. At this I raised my eyebrows, oh the nerve these people have. The sound of a chair scraping across the floor had me turning in the direction of ‘cute boy’. Meeting my eyes for a fraction of a second he exited the room, slamming the door in the process. Shaking my head I turned back to blonde hair dude.

“Evans girl?”

“Yeah, you know the girl sitting next t-“

“I know who the ‘Evans girl’ is, and her name just so happens to be Delilah.” I snapped whilst glaring at him. A bead of sweat trickled down my neck, my exposed thighs sticking to the cheap plastic chair. The overwhelming heat suffocating me, as the remaining students crowded around me.

“Do you not have Air cons in this bloody school?” I asked, opening the closest window I melted at the touch of cold breeze. A girl towards the back turned the ceiling fans on full blast.

“Not yet, we only got fans here. Does Aschem have Air conditioners?” picking at my newly manicured nails, i smirked slightly.

“Oh we have a minimum of three air conditioners in each classroom.” seating myself on top of the teachers desk, each students eyes are glued on me, their eyes full of awe. Oh Aschem has a lot more than just air cons, and these...disadvantaged kids are going to get a little bit of enlightenment on the richer way of life, from me.