Chapter six: New encounters

Start from the beginning

Shutting the door behind me, Renée shot me a baffled expression. Waiting for Delilah to step into the building, I stared pleadingly at Renée.

“Renée, I know Dee might not like this but could I possibly go to school with May. Not school, school. But like, you know kinda like a visitor. That way I can be with her.” Smiling knowingly, she nodded her head.

“You know Bianca; I was actually going to ask you to do that for me. But sure I can arrange that for the school.” She beamed happily, whereas I frowned. What did she mean? Leading me into the dysfunctional office Renée, spoke in a hushed voice with the school principal. The two of them turning to me, every few seconds. The school principal shook her head stubbornly, but all it took was for Renée to frown and whisper something harshly at her for her to agree.

The assistant at the front office gave me a visitor pass for the next three weeks. I’m required to follow all school rules and will be given the same punishment as any student if caught doing something wrong. I might not need to wear the school uniform but I have to wear at least one piece of navy coloured clothing. Delilah tried to not pay attention, but she doesn’t seem pleased with this arrangement.

****** 

“Do they always stare at people, god it’s like they’ve never seen a hot girl who’s not a slut?” nudging at Dee playfully, she ignored me, resuming to her writing. Right, now I’m being ignored. Not that she ever spoke to me properly. Sinking into my seat, I attempt to ignore people’s gazes on me. Connecting to my Facebook account on my phone, the battery died.

“No. No. Noooooo! Fuck this shit!” the phone beeped once, before shutting down on me. Slamming my useless phone onto the table, I received an annoyed glare from Dee.

“Sorry, it’s just that my phone died.” Apologising for swearing, may fished out her barely touched phone and handed it to me.  Students kept filling in to classroom. Their eyes continually falling on me, the girl next to Delilah. Another four students entered, followed by a middle aged man. closing the door behind him, he wrote his name skilfully on the chalkboard. Chalkboards, pfft can this school be anymore ancient? The students took their seats hurriedly, eyeing the teacher in charge.

“Class, your teacher Dr. Harvey is absent today. I understand that this class is a mix of three grades, so yr tens, I’ll go easy on you, whereas the seniors I don’t want any mucking about. Is that clear?” throughout the room eyebrows are raised.

“My name is Mr. Rubik, call out ‘present’ once I call your name.” Ticking of the roll, the door burst open. In came the short school skirt, skanky clothing and heavy makeup. The boys at the back broke out, sending cat calls towards the skank standing at the front of the class. Smirking slightly she whipped her blonde hair over her shoulder, hip dance in tow. An older student entered right behind her. His gray eyes fell on me briefly. Taking the seat closest to the door, his eyes still fixed on me. Biting my lip nervously, I allow my eyes to rake over his handsome figure, his hair and lastly his pale lips.

“How dare the two of you barge into the room like this? Why are you late?” Mr. Rubik’s voice broke me away from my delusional trance.

“You, girl at the back why are you late?” his chubby finger pointed accusingly at the skank. Shrugging her shoulders she returned to filling her nails. Sighing in defeat Mr. Rubik resumed to calling the roll, ignoring the boy completely. The classes chatter raised as the teacher continued going through the roll. Returning to Dee’s phone I logged into my Facebook account, updating my status ‘Just saw a cute guy, Swoon’.  The chatter which once filled the room dimmed down to nothingness. An awkward silence engulfing us all, placing the phone down I looked around the room. Most of the students fidgeted in their seats. The skank at the back stared murderously at May.