Chapter 7, Half Naked in My Room

I turn, see a woman, adorable and sweet-looking as the sunset that has now vanished from the sky. Her eyes are a duller sea-like blue I see from Icarus, her lips are thin, and the way she runs past me to pounce on Min Yoongi makes me question who this loving woman seems to be.

"YOU'VE GOTTA BE KIDDIN' ME!" she screeches in the man's ear, hugging him tight.

His ice cream falls. I watch it fall, confused over how he could let it go so easy. But then I realize Yoongi does it so he can chuckle in shock at her neck, and wrap his arms tightly around her back.

"TERIN?" Yoongi yells himself. Never did I think to see him smile so huge before.

When I hear the girl's name, my eyes widen.
My ice cream almost slips out of my hands,
and I'm suddenly panicked with sweat.

TERIN? My heart drops to my stomach.

.

When we were 13,

His female friend, Terin, pushed me off the stool in music class. The piano I was playing went silent. Yoongi did nothing but laugh first.

.

I swallow hard.
I look over at the way Yoongi grabs her,
I swallow harder.

The woman chuckles. She's excited, alerted, and speaks as if she's seeing a unicorn with rainbows shooting out of it's ass. But there is no unicorn, it's just Yoongi. Min Yoongi: a face she probably hasn't seen since the end of highschool.

Terin moves her head out from the cracks of Yoongi's neck, chilled air leaving her perfect thin lips and hitting Yoongi's exhaustedly excited expression. "I haven't seen you-" she cuts herself off, so in shock. The gorgeous woman laughs, "Oh! It's been so long, what brings you back I-"

I don't dare move a muscle.

Yoongi laughs. His hands that were around her waist now sinking lower to her hips as he holds her - no shame, no mercy. I watch the way his fingers curl at her small figure. "What are you doing here?" he asks.

I don't dare move a muscle.

"I was strolling around! Grabbing some last minute presents for Christmas, I-" she giggles at his ear again, squeezing him uncomfortably so, "Never did I think I'd be coming to find you here! Mr. Hot Shot made it big and forgot about me, huh?" She teases, but there is a bitterness as she shoves away from Yoongi who playfully chuckles.

"It was nice seeing you again." Yoongi's charming smile is out, and I grow in awe of the amount of gum I see from his mouth. He looks innocent, friendly...all expressions I haven't witnessed since knowing the man.

"Wha-" she keeps stuttering, "What are you doing here? Please answer me before I explode."

"I was..." Yoongi glances over the beautiful woman's shoulder. He stares at me, and the smile that was so nicely placed on his lips falls a little. "I was out with her," his finger jabs unfriendly in my direction. Min Yoongi is back to acting bored, "Came to town and our parents forced us to see the shops open here..."

The man lies. He lies through his teeth but I didn't fix in on the lie. I watch Terin whip her hair so flawlessly, capturing my eyes. Turning, her sights  on me. Right now, this moment. Terin gawks my direction and the furrowing of her brows clearly indicate her not recognizing. Great, it's one thing to meet a girl that was mean to you in school...but to meet her and her not know of you, or remember you? That's a whole different story.