Chapter 2, Necklace Rings

[ YOONGI'S P.O.V. ]

"Come down quickly!" I hear my mother's voice in the kitchen of the house.

"Yeah, yeah, they're coming!" My father chuckles. He walks alongside your father, both of them talking and reuniting after years of distance.

I picture their bond, our mother's bond, yet I watch you walk down the stairs in front of me alone with my bitter-self following late. There is no bond between us—none that I try to find at least.

Your hand that has the ring I gave, softly touches the stair's wood as we shift down to the final steps. I can't help but constantly stare at the ring I bought. The idea of how I got it on to your finger bothering me, but I don't say anything about it. I pretend I'm fine. I pretend I'm fine with everything that is falling into chaos around me.

Shuffling towards the kitchen, I don't see much of a surprise at first. But moving to stand at a distance next to you, we both see a crisp book both women hold in their hands.

"What's that?" Your voice is soft and gentle while asking. It confuses me. I remember you always being loud and obnoxious...

"A photo album dedicated to the both of you," your mother chimes out, her smile is what I imagine yours to look like. Yours, individually, I haven't seen yet.

You step forward first.
I follow, slightly curious over how special it could be to have us come downstairs.

"We've got it for after your wedding day so—" you reach to touch it, but your mom slaps your fingers playfully away, "—no touching."

"If we can't even look into it yet, why are we down here?" I say loosely, eyes narrowing.

My father speaks with his awkward jokes again. This time, my eyes don't shut with defeat, but my jaw does retract a little. He says, "Is that hurry to be alone in a room, I hear?"

I can't even look at your reactions to that, at this point. Too embarrassed and uncomfortable, I glare over at my father and look back to the mother's who are trying not to smile. "Was there anything else?" I ask annoyed.

"Yes," my mother is excited. "We had wedding rings for the two of yo—" she stops when she grabs your hand, brings it sweetly up. Her eyes catch a ring on your finger and everyone apart from me, are confused over the diamond.

"I bought her one." My throat clears. I awkwardly cup my hands in front of my jeans, rolling my shoulders back causing the chains at my neck to tangle.

My mother's eyes soften.
Your mother's eyes soften.
Even our father's soften behind us.

"You bought her one?" Your mother looks like she might cry. I don't understand what the big deal is, so I stay quiet and watch them grow happy of my gesture.

"It's a little small dear," my mother finally speaks, examining the way the rings clogs at your finger. "She can't keep this on without having her finger chopped off later." She laughs, my skin crawls.

"It's an average size. How chubby are her fingers, exactly?" I don't mean to come off too harsh, but my anger seeps out.

You stare to my face. I can tell you're getting more and more annoyed over my attitude as time flies sharing the same air as me. Even with your hurt eyes meeting mine, I do nothing but roll my shoulder back again, and focus on the ring being an issue.

"Oh don't be rude," my mother scolds, laughing before shaking the ring off your finger. There is redness there, the woman pouts. "It would've gotten swollen if on for too long. Yoongi-ah! Didn't you notice it could've been hurting her finger?"