Bonus Chapter #2

Hey everyone, it's Livie! Yes, I'm still alive! I'm sorry I haven't updated or been active in a long time, but I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! It's focused on Eliza, the daughter of Daveed and Annabella! Shoutout to LODisamazing for the wonderful idea for this bonus chapter! I hope you love it!

Eliza walked into the kitchen, grabbing an apple from the counter-top bowl of fruit that her mother insisted on keeping, even though Eliza was the only one who ate fruit, and that was only occasionally. Checking for the coast to be clear, Eliza finished lacing her ballet slippers and lifted up en pointe. Her legs swung around her, a graceful dance coming from her body. 

"Elizabeth Grace! What would Mother say?"

"Thomas!" Eliza ran across the kitchen to hug her older brother, who had been off at college, studying Music theory and education. Even though they lived somewhat close to his school, he opted to live on campus there, and only occasionally visited his family. 

"Hey, baby sister." 

Eliza let tears leak onto Thomas' shoulder. Even though her brother was six years older, and already working towards a career alongside their uncle Lin, Eliza and Thomas were very close, and Thomas was very protective over his younger and only sister, Eliza. 

"Where are mom and dad?"

"Dad is out with Uncle Oak, and Mom is upstairs cleaning or reading or doing some mom thing." Eliza rolled her eyes. "Why?"

"Oh, I wanted them to be here when I give them my news." 

"What news is that?" 

"You'll have to wait and see." Thomas smiled at Eliza, who shoved him gently. 

"Come on, Thomas! You can tell me!" 

"Not this time, Eliza. Wait for mom and dad. They'll be here soon." Thomas walked to the fridge, grabbing a bottle of dad's soda. "Man, I missed drinking dad's stuff."

"Well, Thomas, I didn't miss it." 

"Dad!" Thomas set the bottle down and turned to face Daveed. Daveed pulled him into a hug, patting his eldest child on the back. "How are you?"

"I'm great! Lin says you're doing well with the program you're in." 

"Of course he did!" Thomas laughed. "You know that Uncle Lin is going to praise me in all that I do. It's like Uncle Oak and Eliza."

"Do I hear my husband?" Annabella walked downstairs, pulling earbuds out. Eliza, Thomas, and Daveed could hear the Hamilton Mixtape playing through the headphones.  "MY SON!" Annabella sprinted to Thomas, hugging him tightly. 

"Hey, mom, dad, Eliza, I have some news... Can we go sit in the living room, please?"

"Of course, Tom." Annabella led her son and family to the living room of their home. 

"So, Mom, Dad, Eliza." Tom stood, while the other three faced him, sitting on the long couch together, Daveed's arms wrapped around Annabella and Eliza. 

"What it is, dear?"

"I have, here in my pocket, a very special letter for Eliza." 

"Give it to her, then. Why do we need to be here?" Daveed rumbled. 

"Just wait until she opens it. Eliza, here." The envelope had a smooth transfer from Thomas' hand to Eliza's. 

"Eliza Diggs." Eliza read from the letter.

"Dear Ms. Diggs, 

I am pleased to tell you that you have been professionally considered and favorably reviewed by Deborah Wingert, a standing teacher at The Juilliard School. We are proud to offer you a position at our school in the upcoming school year. 

On behalf of our faculty, I congratulate you on your promising academic record, and I hope you will be able to join our program. 

Sincerely,

Joseph W. Polisi

President, The Juilliard School"

"Thomas, you got me into Juilliard. Oh my gosh, Thomas! You got me into Juilliard!" 

"No, Eliza. You got you into Juilliard, I only contacted Mrs. Wingert about your ballet performance." 

"Thank you so much, Thomas!" Eliza pulled him into a tight embrace. "You're the best!"