17: The Night - Ramos

Pippa returned with the medication and a bottle of water. "Here you go. Your brother said to give these to you instead. They're your prescribed sleeping pills."

     "Thank you." Annabella took the water and pill from Pippa and she quickly opened the bottle and placed the pill on her tongue, quickly gulping water to swallow the pill.

     "Do you want me to stay in here?"

     "No, go spend time with the others. Don't let me steal your time."

     "Annabella, I don't want to leave you alone if you don't want to be alone."

     "I'm fine, Pippa. I'll see you tomorrow at lunch. Can you have Anthony come check on me in an hour or so, to make sure I'm okay?"

     "Of course I can."

     "Thank you." Annabella crawled under her covers, hugging a stuffed bear to her chest. "I jumped into it too quickly. I let him sleep in the same bad as me! What would daddy have said? Why didn't Anthony stop me?"

     "Anthony didn't stop you because he thought you two would be a cute couple. He really didn't want you to jump into a relationship that quickly."

     "I'll text you if I have any problems or if I need someone to talk to."

     "Please do. I'll talk to you at lunch if you don't text me before then."

     "Thank you, Pippa."

     Pippa left and Annabella stayed up, not being able to sleep with all of the thoughts running through her head. She listed to the footsteps on the stairs, recognising them as Anthony's steps. Her door creaked open, and Anthony walked in, quietly during on the edge of her bed.

     "Annabella, why are you still awake?"

     "I can't stop thinking. Did someone drive Daveed home? Did they make it okay?"

     "Oak did, and he's going to stay there with him to keep an eye on him. He just texted and said that they made it to Daveed's apartment. How are you?"

     "Feeling stupid."

     "Really?" Anthony asked, laying down.  "Why?"

     "I jumped without looking. Daddy would be so disappointed."

     "You think that? I think he would have came in there and sat next to you, maybe even laid down beside you like I am right now. I think he would have said, 'Ivy, I know you think you made a mistake, but now you have experience. You know what not to do."

     "Thank you, Anthony."

     "Do you want me to stay in here tonight?"

     "Not tonight. Go get some rest. I'm going to sleep in tomorrow morning. If I'm not up when it's time for you to go to lunch, leave without me. They're your cast mates."

     "Annabella, they love you."

     "But if you do, then go ahead. They're your friends too, I don't what to hold you back."

     "Sleep well, young Grace." Annabella grinned, hugging Anthony tightly. "Love you, Grace."

     "I love you too, Ant." Anthony kissed her forehead then he stood up and walked to the door.

     "I'll see you tomorrow morning." Anthony pulled her door almost shut. Annabella's eyes began to close, and she cuddled the pillow that still smelled like Daveed, which made her fall asleep, despite what had happened that evening.