10: The Lunch

Daveed put the car into gear, and Annabella grabbed his hand. Before he could pull out, there was a knock on Daveed's window. He put it in park, and they both turned to look at the person at the window. Pippa was standing there. Daveed rolled the window down.

    "What's up, Pippa?"

    "Everyone took the other vehicles, can I ride with you?"

    "Of course! Hop in." Daveed smiled. Annabella grinned as Pippa climbed in. Daveed shifted into reverse again, pulling out of the parking lot. They drove to the restaurant where they were all meeting. Annabella kept Daveed's hand tightly in hers. Daveed parked next to Lin's car, getting out and opening Pippa's door then running around to open Annabella's door. He outstretched his hand, and Annabella slipped her hand into his. Daveed shut her door.

     "Piggy back ride?" Daveed asked then grinned down at Annabella. Annabella nodded, and Daveed bent over, causing Annabella to jump onto his back. He grabbed onto her knees and Annabella wrapped her arms around his neck. They, Daveed and Pippa walked side by side into the restaurant, with Annabella resting her head on Daveed's shoulder, her face pressed into his neck.

     "Three of you today?"

     "We're with the big group who just came in." Daveed said gently.

     "Aah, right this way. They've already ordered drinks, what can I get you?" The waitress asked, turning to look over her shoulder at them.

     "Water." Pippa said, leading the three to the back room where the big group was.

     "Coffee, please." Daveed responded, following closely behind Pippa.

     "I'd like water, please." Annabella whispered to Daveed.

     "Annabella wants a water."

     "With lemon."

     "With lemon, please."

     "Of course. A coffee, a plain water, and a water with lemon." The waitress repeated, pleased with the smile she got for being correct. Daveed set Annabella down in an empty chair, sitting next to her.

     "So, what did she say?"

     "You're looking at Hamilton's cutest couple." Daveed said, smiling at Annabella.

     "You're Hamilton's only couple." Anthony said, laughing.

     "Which makes it not only the cutest, but the longest, most adorable relationship Hamilton has ever seen." Daveed pulled Annabella into his side.

     "Are you all ready to order?"

     "Yes." Everyone took their turn ordering. Finally, the waitress was done, so she left and they resumed conversation.

     "When did you ask? When did she say yes?"

     "We were in the car, talking, and Annabella found the picture. I told her that I would like it if she had the title officially, and she said yeah."

      The waitress arrived with drinks, passing them out.

     "You did not! I found the hoodie and said 'I like it' and you were like 'so, wanna be my girl?' And my exact response was 'yes'." Everyone laughed.

    "Their first lovers quarrel."

     "We aren't lovers." Daveed and Annabella said at the exact same time.

     "We're boyfriend and girlfriend. We haven't reached that stage in our relationship, we have only been dating for like an hour."

     "Here's your food." The waitress said, walking over with a tray, with other waitresses following with more trays. She passed it out, then left to get drinks refills.

     After eating, Lin decided to pay for everyone's meal, and they left to go get ready for the show.