8: The Morning

Daveed woke up to Anthony gently shaking him. "Yeah?" Anthony's eyes trailed to Annabella, who was wrapped in Daveed's arms.

     "Lin called a cast meeting earlier than we were planning to get there. We have to leave now. He said we were running full costume for the run through today, so you can wear your pajamas and one of my hoodies to the theatre. Leave Annie in her pajamas, she has multiple changes of clothes at the theatre. Let's go." Daveed stood, holding Annabella in his arms still. He carried her to the front door, where he slipped his shoes on, not bothering to tie them. He walked to his Mini Cooper, opening the door and putting Annabella in the passenger seat, buckling her in, laying the seat down so she could sleep more, and shutting the door quietly. He walked around to his side and quickly climbed in.

      Daveed drove peacefully to the theatre, parking in the back at cast parking. He got out, running around to get Annabella. He picked her up, carrying her bridal style into the theatre. He walked to the stage, quickly sitting down and sitting her on his lap. He grabbed a hoodie from his dressing room that Anthony threw to him and pulled it on. Annabella cuddled into his chest, pulling her knees to her chest. Anthony walked back out, carrying a blanket. He gave it to Daveed, who pulled it over Annabella.

      "I wonder where everyone else is." Anthony pondered, sitting next to Daveed. As if on cue, Okieriete Onaodowan, who plays Hercules Mulligan and James Madison, walked on, sitting on the other side of Daveed.

     "So this is the Annabella you won't stop texting me about."

     "Ssh, Oak, you'll wake her up." Other members of the cast began to fill the cast, most wrapped in blankets or wearing hoodies and pajamas. Daveed kept Annabella against his chest. Lin showed up last, beginning the meeting.

     "This is our last dress rehearsal, so I hope our rhythm director doesn't have to do much. Speaking of, is that who the bundle in Daveed's lap is?"

     Daveed nodded. "She went to sleep really late. She usually gets eight hours of sleep, and it's almost time for her to wake up."

     "Ooh, is Daveed getting close to our dear Annabella?" Renee asked, raising her eyebrows.

     "We all know he drove her home last night."

     "And here this morning, it seems."

     "As of right now, we're friends. Close friends, but just friends right now. If it goes any further, that's between Anthony, Annabella, and myself." Daveed said softly, trying to not wake up Annabella. He stood, managing to keep Annabella in his arms. "I'm taking her to the Ramos room."

     "Okay, everyone go get ready. If she's not up in thirty minutes, we start without her."

     Everyone left quickly, rushing to get ready. Daveed carried Annabella into his dressing room, doing the opposite of what he said he was going to do. He set her on the couch.

     "Grace, Mon cher, wake up. It's time to get ready." Daveed cooed as he finished changing.

     "Good morning... Lafayette."

     "Oui, Mon cher. C'est moi."

     "Are we getting ready to start?"

     "Yeah, but the theatre is cold today, so here are some sweats and a hoodie." Daveed left to have his makeup and hair done. Annie changed, still half asleep.