Chapter 19: True Love

"Jack please be careful..." Minerva stated helping him out of bed for the first time. 

"ahh..." He hissed clutching his head.  Minerva held him up looking him over worriedly.  The 2 walked slowly around the spacious room so Jack can get used to walking again.  He looked up at Minerva and smiled.

"I see now, why he picked you...." He said.  Minerva raised both her eyebrows at the small boy.  What exactly were him and Albus talking about when they were together.  For a 10 year old he sure was smart.

"what do you mean." She asked as Jack sat down slowly on the bed, her sitting down beside him. 

"He tells me a lot about you..." He admitted.  Minerva smiled to herself.  No boy had ever been so upfront with her, it was quite bizarre but she didn't mind.
"You can look scary....But your a softie..." The boy said smiling at her.  Minerva shook her head nudging him lightly.  The two had created sort of a special bond throughout his recovery.   The room went silent again until Jack spoke up.

"My dad tells me not too use my magic...But I can't help it..." The small boy admitted carefree.  Minerva furrowed her brow.  He looked over to her and tapped his temple with his finger.

"I can read minds..." He said.  "I told Mr.Dumbledore and he helps me control it....He is tough to read though. I can never get through to read his."  Minerva chuckled looking the boy over,  the realtion was fairly obvious.  Her heart ached for the small child she just wanted to tell him everything, but for Albus' sake she bit her tounge.  

"You have magic...Don't you." He asked freely, Minerva nodded her head and his eyes lit up.

"Really! Thats cool....I never knew there were more people like me." He stated going off into thought.  Minerva rubbed his back.

"It's probably best if you went back to bed dear.  Its well past 11." She said softly getting up to pull the covers down.  With her assistance Jack got comfortable in bed.

"Goodnight..." Minerva said about the leave the room.

"Uhh..." Jack called out.  Minerva turned to face him.

"Yeah.." She asked.  Jack looked at her with a hint of sadness in his eyes.

"Could you stay with me...just until I fall asleep..." He asked softly. Mineva was a bit taken aback by this request.  She transfigured a chair and pulled it up to Jack's bed.  She sat herself down, The boys eyes opened so wide they almost popped out of his head. He was amazed by what Minerva had just done.

"Okay...Only until you fall asleep." She replied softly.  He smiled at her his eyes droopy.  Slowly he began to drift off to sleep, Minerva waved her hand shutting off the lights in the room, but stayed at the boys side for a little while longer.   Once she was sure he was asleep, she lifted herself off the chair looking him over once more she smiled to herself leaving his room.  Slipping out silently, she slowly shut the door behind her.   She walked down the hall into Albus and her shared room, he was laying in bed reading a book, she smiled at him sliding in beside him.  She hooked her arm in his and laid her head on his shoulder. 

"You never told me Jack had any magical abilities.." She said looking up at Albus.  He put his book down and looked down at her over the rim of his glasses.

"He didn't want me to my dear..." Albus admitted.  "He wanted to tell you." Minerva smiled closing her eyes.

"He doesn't understand that there are indeed more people like him......Minerva, I believe he looks at you like some sort of motherly figure. That's why he has gotten so close with you recently.  He has never has a woman in his life, let alone taking care of him or showing him any kind of affection." Albus pulling her closer into him.  She smiled to herself letting what he said sink in,  she was overwhelmed with feelings.  She felt so loved and just needed and she loved it.  She was overjoyed like never before.

"I love you Albus..." She whispered.  "And even though Jack isn't related me to me in any way I will still treat him like family. Because he is."  She said snuggling into the blankets.

"Thank you Minerva....for everything..I really would be lost without you.  I love you so much." He said placing a soft kiss on her forehead.  She looked up at him lovingly and he smiled down at her, leaning in he placed his lips against hers.   He kissed her and the world fell away. It was slow and soft, comforting in ways that words would never be. His hand rested below her ear, his thumb caressing her cheek as their breaths mingled. She ran her fingers along his spine pulling him closer until there was no space left between them and she could feel the beating of his heart against her chest.  She pulled away slowly her face inches from his staring into his ocean blue eyes,  she realized this is where she wanted too be.  Who she wanted to be with was right infront of her, and for once she was truly, truly happy and madly in love