XV. Reunion

I opened my eyes to see a dark blue sky with clouds. I sat up to look at the horizon; the sun was about to rise. Rocks and dust were all around me. I stood up and then I remembered what happened. This is where the Red Fairy's prison used to be, but now it was pure rubble.
And then, I remembered what happened with Theo, he had been crushed by a pillar to save my life. I looked under it to see if his body was still there, but it wasn't. That's when I started to run looking for him.

"Theo!"

At that moment I wanted to cry, but then I realized something. The floor which was before covered by dry leaves, was now full of grass. A ray of light hit my eyes. It hurt as I hadn't seen it in days.

The sky was retaking its blue color, the trees now had leaves and there were flowers everywhere; the sun finally rose to its maximum point. It all looked beautiful, and I was still in the black woods... or should I stop calling it like that?

I heard footsteps. I looked behind me to see a bush moving. Was it Theo? No, a woman walked out from it. I was a little disappointed but then I saw as more people came from different directions.

"Mom!", I looked to see a child shout as he saw a woman who seemed to be his mother.

"Keith!", the woman shout back and ran to hug his son.

There were people all around me, finding their families and friends; and going to give them a great hug.

I smiled to see them all happy for finding their loved ones. But I was still there, hoping for Theo to appear from somewhere, but I couldn't see him.

Hands covered my eyes behind me.

"Guess who am I?"

My heart pounded rapidly and I didn't reply to remove those hands from my eyes and look behind me.

"Hey! You had to guess!", it was Theo.

I hugged him, crying on his shoulder.

"It's OK. I'm already here", he said with that voice that always comforted me.

We looked at each other in the eyes, and shared our first kiss.

Some people around us cheered, specially the small and young ones.

We separated and smiled. We looked to see everyone happy, talking and laughing while Theo held me in his arms.

"We did it, Sarah", he told me.

"Yes. We did it. Finally", I replied relieved that those dark days had ended.

We saw a man walking and looking around him. He looked confused, as if he was looking for someone.
Then both of us realized...

"Sarah, isn't he your...?", Theo said pointing to him.

"Xenon!", I shouted.

He turned to us and his eyes widened while mine were full of tears again.

"Sarah?!", he shouted back.

I ran to give him a big hug.

"I thought I would never see you again!", I cried.

"I can't believe I'm finally with you! But how could you do all this by yourself?"

"Myself? I wouldn't have done it without him", I said as I looked to Theo, who walked towards us and once again Xenon's eyes widened.

"Are you...", Xenon paused to think.

"Theo. Have you already forgotten my name?", Theo replied with a smile.

"Ah, yeah, Theo!", he laughed and so we did. "Sorry, I did forget your name but not the moment you became my friend. And by the way, how did you meet each other?", he asked looking at both of us.

"It's a long story", I replied.

"I can't wait to hear it", Xenon said.

"So many things happened that I don't want to tell", I said, then smiled. "What's important is that now we're all here"

We all laughed happily and talked for a while, till we watched as the rubble of the prison was blowing away.

We all turned to where the wind was coming from, and from a blue light appeared a woman with long and white hair, pale skin, a white dress decorated with blue moons and golden stars; and she held her magic wand which previously had been stoled by that fairy.

By the way, I wonder what could have happened with her.

"Is she...?", I murmured to Theo.

"The Moon Queen? Yes", he replied.

Theo walked towards her, and smiled.

"Theo, you did it! You've saved Neatania from the red fairy's tyranny. And now, there will be only pace and happiness everywhere thanks to you", said the Moon Queen.

Theo held his hand. "My Queen, I wasn't the only one who helped." He turned to me. "I wouldn't have done it without her".

I walked to him and the Queen smiled.

"I see. What is your name, dear?", she asked to me.

"Sarah", I replied.

"Everybody listen. From now on, I declare Theo and Sarah as King and Queen of Neatania!"

Everyone cheered. Theo smiled happily and looked at me, but I was surprised and not quite sure of being a Queen.

"But, Moon Queen, I-", I tried to say but she interrupted.

"You don't have to thank me, dear. For me it's a honour to have you two as King and Queen of Neatania. You're the saviours of this world and you deserve this position", she said gently.

"But, what will happen with you?", Theo asked her.

"And with me?", said Xenon joining us.

I laughed and so did the Moon Queen (I don't know if she would still be the Queen as she said I was now, with Theo).

"He is my brother. His name's Xenon. He used to live in the now dead black woods. He died in a battle; he was just trying to protect me. But now I have him here.", I explained to her.

"Then I know what position we will take", she said.