III. The Deadly Battle

"I'll take you to our queen", he said and grabbed my arm.

"No, please!", I refused to go with him. I knew who their queen was, the same one who destroyed our home with no reason.

The man fed up and took me in his arms. He carried me but I kept screaming.

"Help!", I yelled.

Some people got out from their houses to see what was going on. But none of them dared to confront the man and save me.

"What's going on around here?!", I heard a familiar voice. It was Xenon!

"Xenon! Help!", I said looking at him. He was standing far away, and he looked surprised.

"Oh God, Sarah?", he said. "Hey you! Where are you taking my sister? Put her down!", he ordered.

The man instantly aimed his gun to him.

"Better go back into your hiding before I kill you", said the man quietly.

"No, don't hurt him!", I yelled.

"I'm fed up of you!", said the man and threw me harshly on the ground.

"Sarah!", Xenon ran and kneeled at my side. "Sarah... But, how did you get in here?!", he said.

Before I could reply, a great group of men ran towards the huge and creepy man. They seemed ready to attack him.

"No, guys, wait!", Xenon said looking at them.

The huge man got angry and started shooting watermelons all over them. Many of the men fell to the ground. Many other huge and creepy men appeared from nowhere and helped his friend.

"Damn, no!", Xenon said and quickly helped me to stand up.

"Run away, Sarah!", he said.

"But what will happen with-", I said worried and he interrupted me.

"I'll be fine, I swear. Just run away and hide!"

I did as he told me. I started running when I heard quick footsteps behind me. I looked back and saw a horrible man pursuing me. He looked really mad. I panicked as I thought he would kill me right now. But then a sword pierced his chest. He fell to the ground. Some of Xenon's men had helped me, thankfully.
I kept running. I didn't know where I was going but I didn't care, I had to save my life. I hid under a little cave made of branches. There, I fell asleep.

When I woke up, the sky was dark, as always. I didn't know how many hours had passed. I remembered the battle of Xenon with the monsters. I quickly got up and swept out any dry leaves on my clothes. I ran to the open space where my brother and his men had fought. I froze when saw almost all of them on the ground, with blood on their bodies.

"Oh my God", I said worried.

I walked through the dead bodies, Xenon's among them. When I noticed him, I ran and crouched at his side.

"Xenon! Oh god!", I said looking at his wounds. He was still alive, I let out a sigh of relief.

"Sarah... Sorry I failed you", he coughed.

"No, Xenon, you can still save yourself", I said trying to calm me down, trying to tell myself it wasn't anything serious.

"Listen to me, Sarah. Those monsters have informed the red fairy about your presence. You've got to leave this place... she's going to kill you... and anybody who doesn't belong here", he warned.

"I'm not leaving you here!", I said. "This is all my fault. I only wanted to make sure that you were alive, after almost a month I didn't know anything about you".

"It's not your fault. I should have known you were worried... And I should've written you", he said. "It's all over, Sarah... for me. I'll die happy knowing that I fought with all my strength. And I'll be happier knowing that you will be safe".

I just rested my head on his stomach and cried.

"See you... Sarah".

When I felt his stomach didn't move anymore, I knew he had gone.

"Noo!", I yelled as the cold air blew on my face and my tears dried. I didn't want to let go of my brother's body.

"They will pay for this. I swear", I promised.

I had to get out of here before the red fairy could end with my life.