VII. Unexpected Things

When I got out from the cave, I saw all those creatures that the Red Fairy had sent to destroy these woods. They were eating and destroying the trees, they spat a green thing from their mouths that disintegrated the objects instantly. I knew it was acid. They were black with red eyes and looked like big spiders.
The sky had darkened too, many clouds had covered it entirely. But how? The daylight was here before I entered the cave.

Suddenly one of the creatures noticed my presence and I immediately pulled out my sword, ready to attack. And when I did that, they all turned to look at me.

"Deliver what you took from there", the creature in front of me spoke with a monstrous voice. My eyes widened, I didn't know they could speak.

"You better leave this place or I'll slash you all!", I yelled at them.

I expected an answer but suddenly one of them fell on top of me, making me fall to the ground. It was heavy, and I dropped the sword. Shortly the other creatures approached while I fought to save my life from the creature in top of me. It opened its mouth wide to devour me, but I hit it hard on the face and I stood up as fast as I could to take the sword.

I wasn't sure about how to fight these monsters properly, so I just swung the blade like a crazy, making deep cuts on their bodies; the blood dyeing the grass dark red.

I thought I was winning the battle, but then things turned complicated. The back of the monsters teared open, revealing huge wings. They flew high and now it was raining acid from their mouths. Damn it.

And if I thought this wouldn't be worse, then I was wrong. The dead creatures expelled little black eggs from their... ugh. Those black eggs opened and many little creatures-like spiders ran and jumped quickly at me. I screamed in horror and disgust as I backed off them.

I had no option but run and hide under the few trees that were still alive and protect myself from the acid. But it soon melted all their leaves.

I felt something hot fell on my back. I screamed as I realized one of those sick creatures had spat on me. It burned my skin so painfully. I fell to the ground with my face on the grass. I couldn't do it. They were going to devour me in this moment. All I could think about was Xenon, and Theo. I had disappointed them, and the world.

But then a blinding white light surrounded all my body. I didn't know what it was but it hurt my eyes, I closed them tight. I could hear the creatures screaming and groaning. Like the light was hurting them... That was it! The light was their weakness. But where did it come from?

When the screams stopped, I opened my eyes to see only black dust everywhere. They were dead. I looked around to see if there was some kind of angel or good fairy who had helped me, but it was only me there.

My back was still burning, though. I could feel the blood draining. With my hand, I touched my back, but it wasn't skin what I had touched. I had touched my bone directly and that made me scream in pain and horror.

Soon the acid would consume all my body and I would be just a skeleton. An ugly and creepy skeleton. It scared me to think I would die that way.

I started to feel weak with every passing second. My sight was getting blurry, until I closed my eyes and all I saw was black.