XIII. Plan (Part 2)

I was sitting beside my sister. She was talking to a guard.

"Do you want us to go on a final trip to destroy the Green Woods completely?", the guard asked.

My blood ran cold when I heard that. They were going to destroy that realm where there's still innocent people... and the Moon Queen.

"I don't know. I already got what I was searching for. The stone will stay in the dungeon forever", she replied.

The dungeon... that's where I needed to get.

"Why did you decide to save it in the dungeon and not destroy it instead?", I asked, not that I wanted her to destroy it, I was just curious.

She turned to me, a little surprised; maybe because I hadn't said a word the whole time, or because she had gotten used to being alone.

"Are you stupid? If I destroy it I'll die", she said in a serious tone.

"OK, no need to be mean"

She turned back to the guard. "Yes, destroy it. Do the same with the yellow woods. Besides, I guess that stupid Moon Queen is still trapped in the mountains. She deserves to die for stealing my place as the Queen of Neatania"

I was shaking my head. I couldn't believe what she was saying. She was the one stealing the Moon Queen's magic wand and provoking all this mess in the first place.

"Right, Theo?", she asked and turned to me.

I quickly stopped shaking my head. "Ugh, yes. That stupid Queen deserves death. You're right, sister"

She just looked at me suspiciously. Silently I was cursing myself for acting like a person who just regretted about his decision. I had to act like an evil person, like her... I had to play along.

The guard interrupted the awkward moment. "So, do I tell the rest to get ready? We'll attack when it's dark there. Is that okay, Queen?"

"Perfect", she said.

The guard left. I didn't want them to go and destroy what was left of Neatania; but in the bright side, when they all left, the place would be almost empty of guards, and then I would only had to ask my sister where the dungeon is...

"I'm tired, I gotta take a break", she said rising from her throne with her wings.

"Wait", I said. She looked at me expecting for me to talk. "Where do you say you hid the stone?"

"In the dungeon, why?"

"I want to see it"

"What? Why?"

"Oh come on. I've never seen such a powerful object and I'd like to see how it looks like", actually I wanted to see its appearance. I only needed her to tell me where it was, and while she took her rest, I would sneak in and give it to Sarah.

"It has nothing special. Just-"

"Come on, let me look at it, just once", I interrupted her. That must have made her mad.

"I told you you won't! Stop asking for it and go check on the slaves"

I sighed and stood up. I walked towards the big doors of the throne room.

"If you don't want to keep ruling this world with me, you can be one of them and work like a pig. For me it's more than fine", she said.

"No, I really want to keep ruling this world", I said.

"Then you must obey me in everything I say. When I say everything, is EVERYTHING. No matter what, did you listen?", she warned.

"...Yes", I said in a low voice.

"Speak loud and clear!", she shouted.

"Yes! I understand", I replied rising the tone of my voice.

I finally got out from the throne room. Damn, every day she frightens me more.

SARAH'S P.O.V.
I was cleaning the walls while I thought about if we really would get out of here. Theo has told me to trust him, but I already don't know what to believe. What if everything went wrong? We wouldn't only be trapped here forever. We would be killed.

I heard some guards talking. Nothing they were saying caught my attention.

"I don't trust that new man, Theo or whatever"

Until now...

"They say he's our new king too", the other guard replied.

"Yeah. When they caught him he refused to come in, and now he changed his mind all of a sudden?"

"Yes. That's very strange. We should warn the Red Fairy, so she can do something with him"

Oh no, this was bad. The Red Fairy would suspect too, and no doubt she would listen to the guards and do something to him.

"Everybody listen to me!", a guard shouted.

We all turned to him. He was with other 2 guards.

"Slaves, go back to your damn work", the guard ordered.

I rolled my eyes and continued scrubbing on the wall, the others continued with their duties too. We would listen anyway.

"These are the Red Fairy's orders: we'll be going to the Yellow and Green woods, to destroy it once for all"

The guards started murmuring. And I was panicking. I guess a few people were still in the Green Woods, but most of them were in the Yellow ones.

"Soon Neatania will only be eternal darkness, but we won't destroy those worlds for nothing, we'll get a reward of lots of gold!"

Everyone but us, slaves, cheered.

"Follow me, we'll be leaving in half an hour", the guard ordered and his partners followed him.

I felt kind of relieved that all those pigs left. But we weren't alone at all, some guards were assigned to stay and watch us all the time.

"Hey, you! Come here", a voice called.

We all turned to the voice. It was Theo, and he was looking at my direction.

"...Me?", I asked.

"Yes, you! Come here now", he sounded annoyed.

Though he was talking to me like that to sound evil, it still bothered me. He grabbed me by the arm.

"What's the urgency to take her, sir?" a guard asked.

Theo scoffed "Don't you know what she did? I just checked her cell to find it all vomited!"

The guards made a face a disgust. As much as I hated Theo's stupid excuse to take me, I had to play along.

"I'm sorry! I was feeling sick!", I said.

"I don't care, I ain't cleaning that mess, you will! Come on", he said and dragged me into my cell.

"That was embarrassing!", I told Theo as soon we arrived.

"I'm sorry, I didn't think about something else. Look, when they leave, the prison will be half-empty. We need to take advantage of that", Theo said.

"What are we going to do, then?"

"This is what we're going to do..."