Confession of Guilt

Cang Xi faced Mo Xi Lin surprised at what she saw. She had thought Mo Xi Lin was delicate and sweet, but today she can see otherwise. In her hands, Mo Xi Lin held a whip made of tightly wound tiger hide. This is a vicious weapon no delicate lady would dare to hold.

Can Xi stepped down and bowed gracefully. "My lady, what can this concubine do for you?" She asked cautiously as she eyed the whip with concern.

Mo Xi Lin did not answer, instead, she unleashed the whip toward Cang Xi's face without warning.

Out of sheer natural instinct, Cang Xi raised her hands and protected her face. Her thick winter clothes immediately ripped and bloody gashes opened on her arms. She grunted in pain as she fell down with a loud 'thud'. With wide eyes, she looked up at Mo Xi Lin with confusion. "My Lady, how has this concubine displeased you?" she asked alarmed.

Mo Xi Lin raised her whip again and threw the tail out as she yelled at Cang Xi. "Shut up! You conniving witch!" Again and again, the whip fell, this time on Cang Xi's back and legs.

'Ahh' Cang Xi could not hold back the shout of pain. The whip was extremely sturdy and Mo Xi Lin's strength was not small.

As a servant Cang Xi had been diligent and thus had never suffered punishment, as a wife she had been treasured and not suffered grievance until she lost her baby. She was not used to this type of pain!

Panting Mo Xi Lin finally stopped her whip.

Taking this chance Cang Xi bit her lips and standing with great effort she walked with shaky legs until she was in front of Mo Xi Lin, then she fell to her knees. "My lady, at least tell this concubine what she had done wrong!" Cang Xi said once more falling to her knees.

Unfortunately, her words only fueled the anger in Mo Xi Lin's heart.

Mo Xi Lin released her whip once more, each word accented by the sound of flesh being impacted. "Why, why won't he turn to me! You can no longer have a child, the child you did conceive is dead! Why won't he turn to me? I am his real wife you are just a lowly servant he fancied!" Mo Xi Lin raged, her whip coming down harder and harder.

Cang Xi spit out a mouthful of blood and then fell to her side. The punishment was too brutal, and her body had not fully healed yet, so the damage her body was sustaining was not something she could handle.

But Cang Xi held on for one simple reason. She had heard the resentment in the woman's voice. Her heart felt uncomfortable as she realized that she had been wrong, this type of cruel woman....

She dared not say anything in case she missed hearing something, even her gasps of pain were held back by biting her lips.

Mo Xi Lin did not notice Cang Xi's change and let go of her reason as the months of anger were unleashed. "I even gave him the antidote to cure you! I let him bring you back from the brink of death so why won't he turn to me!" Mo Xi Lin screeched as she unleashed the whip on Cang Xi again.

Cang Xi shakily breathed and then shakily stood up, moving with great effort as the whip continued to fall. Blood flowed down from her back, shoulders, upper chest, and arms, staining her pale pink robes until the looked red, but she ignored it all.

She had finally understood. She always knew there was someone outside the family involved, and Mo Xi Lin's words had just betrayed her. Even Cang Xi had not known she was poisoned so how could a woman who wasn't even in the manor know, coupling that with her atrocious attitude, there was only one conclusion. "You killed my baby?" She asked, hatred pouring from her quiet voice.

Mo Xi Lin's eyes opened wide and she dropped her whip. Her face immediately paled as she looked around. Cang Xi and the many servants she had brought had heard her words, in their minds whether it was true or not, what Cang Xi said would become the truth. Mo Xi Lin would be seen as a hateful woman who would kill babies for her own means.

Seeing there was no way back Mo Xi Lin laughed, then she answered with the truth. At worst she would just get rid of all the servants present on this day. "Yes, I did it. It was simple to drug those vitamins you took. It was easy to bribe those servants waiting on you too!" Her words were cocky as was her attitude. Her spoiled self finally showing through her made-up image of a virtuous and gentle woman.

Cang Xi grit her teeth and stood up straight. The blood flowing from her body and staining her clothes made her seem like a woman who had just climbed from the depths of hell.

Slowly Cang Xi said the damning words. "You killed my baby!" She ran up to Mo Xi Lin and slapped her with all the force she could muster.

Stunned Mo Xi Lin fell down hard on her side and yelled in pain. Her face turned ghost white, her arm was broken, and it hurt!

No matter what she was still the daughter of a Duke, the other was just a little concubine with no background. "H-how dare you!" She seethed.

Two servant girls ran to her side and helped her to stand.

Leaning on them Mo Xi Lin stood. "You are just a concubine and you dared to strike me?" She asked with an arrogant tone. Even though it hurt she now had a legitimate reason to not only punish but also kill Cang Xi, how could she not be happy. Only a servant seeking death would dare strike a Master! Later she would just twist the truth and timeline, then Cang Xi's death would be assured. The heavy slap imprint and broken arm were great evidence.

Plans were already unfurling in her little mind, but before she could do anything a heavy male voice sounded behind her. "She dared and I dare too!" Mo Xi Lin felt her head move back at an awkward angle as her hair was grasped with incredible force.

Xiao Xin Yu had always known she was involved with the death of his precious child, but he never had any proof. Yet here the woman had given a full confession. How could he not feel hatred bubbling in his heart!