Brother (Triplets Oneshot)

When we were young

We were the ones

The Kings and the queens

Oh yeah, we ruled the world

Ayato and Laito sat in front of each other in the front of the mansion with smiles on their faces. They were playing in the grass while Cordelia was away with Karlheinz.

"Laito shush! We'll get caught!" Ayato whisper-yelled at Laito with a giggle. Laito had snuck Ayato out from his room and gave him a break from studying.

"Come on Ayato! Take a break!" Laito grabbed Ayato's wrist and ran across the yard towards Kanato who sat by himself with Teddy.

We smoked cigarettes

Man no regrets

Wish I could relive

Every single word

We've taken different paths

And travelled different roads

I know we'll always end up on the same one when we're old

"Kanato!" Laito yelled softly as he stopped by Kanato. Kanato looked up at his eldest and youngest brothers before he looked back at Teddy.

"Shouldn't Ayato-kun be studying Teddy? Mother will be mad." Kanato asked Teddy while the other brothers looked at him.

"I'm just taking a na-"

"Ayato. What are you doing, did I tell you to leave your studying?" The snarl from Cordelia caused Ayato and Laito to freeze.

"Mother! I was just..uh..." Ayato fumbled with his words his eyes wide in horror. He did not want to get in trouble again. Not again.

And when you're in the trenches

And you're under fire I will cover you

"I had him come with me mother!" Laito stood in front of Ayato to hide him from the glare that their mother gave them.

"Laito love. Move out of the way. Ayato come with me." Cordelia pushed Laito out of her way while she grabbed Ayato's wrist in a tight grip. Cordelia held a fake smile on her face as she trudged off to the lake with a squirming Ayato behind her.

"M-mother I'll go back to my studies please let me go!" Ayato cried while he tugged at Cordelia's hand to release him.

If I was dying on my knees

You would be the one to rescue me

Cordelia dragged Ayato towards the lake and chucked Ayato into it.

"This is your punishment for not doing as tOLD!" Cordelia sashayed away during the time Ayato tried to stay afloat at the surface of the lake.

"Mother! moTHER SAVE M-" Ayato sunk down into the water with his hand the only thing that was held above the surface of the lake, before it too sank into the water.

After Cordelia walked away from the lake, Laito snuck around the mansion to the lake.

"Ayato? Ayato!?" Laito called out by cupping his hands around his mouth. He didn't see his brother anywhere. The only thing he saw were bubbles popping at the top of the lake.