The Never-ending Cycle (Oneshot)

Okay...Wassup guys? This is something my friend wants me to write....I love them dearly, I really do, so...Here we go. It's a Laito x reader oneshot, I'm not really in the mood for writing a lemon.

You've lived with the Sakamaki brothers for years...Three years actually. You enjoyed the brother's company, as well as Yui's, she was like a sister to you, you told her everything on how you felt. You loved the brothers, with all your heart, but there was one..Who held your heart in his cold hands.

Laito Sakamaki..

You loved him, yet you could never understand why. He was a flirt, he was a Playboy, and yet, he had your heart in his hands. Every day, he would play with you, every day, he would say that he loved you, but in the end, it was all fake.

You were stupid to fall in love with a fuck boy like him, but he just had something that you were drawn to. Maybe it was his eyes, maybe it was his hair, or maybe...It was his voice, that speaks of sweet nothings that are lies.

Just like before, every day was the same..But...Today was different. Laito, was acting different. He wasn't acting like his perverted self, he wasn't flirting with anyone, he wasn't sweeping girls off of their feet like he always did at school, he just, stayed quiet.

You were worried about him, you was concerning to see him not act like himself. You were quite shy around him at times, but today, you felt confident.

You waltzed your way towards Laito, seeing him sit in the corner of the classroom, it was a free period since the teacher got himself sick off of something that you didn't pay attention to. You stood in front of Laito, seeing that he had his hand sprawled over his eyes, and soft hiccups were escaping his lips.

"L-laito?" You cursed yourself from stuttering. Laito snapped his head up towards you, wiping at his eyes.

"Oh, Neko-chan, what do you need?" He forced a grin, as well as a purr. You couldn't handle this...This wasn't the Laito you learned to love. You grabbed his wrist, pulling him with you as you trudged out of the classroom, and into an abandoned room, Laito being dragged by your sudden force.

You sat him on one of the old desks in the room, turning on the withered light, not giving a damn that you could barely see.

"Laito, what's wrong? You're not yourself." You placed a hand on his shoulder, Laito swatting your hand away from him.

"That's what they all say...I'm fine Neko-chan." Laito muttered lowly. You retracted your hand away from him, feeling hurt that he swatted your hand away. You just wanted to help him. You clenched your hands into fists, before you grabbed the collar of his shirt, bringing his face close to yours.

"You are not fine Laito-kun! You are sad, I can tell, you're not being perky like you used to, you didn't even smile once Laito. Please, I care about you, tell me what's wrong." You looked at him in the eyes, seeing sorrow flooding into his eyes. Your (e/c) orbs widened slightly.

You had no control over your body, your body pulling Laito into a tight embrace. Laito sat shocked, he didn't think you would ever do this, but he hugged you back relentlessly, his cold skin being warmed up by your touch.

"I'm so tired (Y/n)...I'm so tired of acting like I don't care. I'm so tired of seeing the people who care about me, get hurt, because I'm causing it. I'm so tired of....Being me." Laito whimpered out in your ear, gripping the back of your shirt, not wanting to let go. You stiffened at the sound of your name rolling off his lips, he never calls you by your first name, only by the nickname he gave you.

"Laito...You can't change who you are fully. Even if you hurt them...They still come running back to you the next day, and the next day..Right? They love you Laito, they care about you, they love your signature smirk and smile, they love your flirtatious side, and also the side that cares. Even if I have been here for just three years, from time to time, you show the side of you that cares, and that's what catches their hearts. Because you showing that you care, makes them...Happy." you pulled back from the hug, watching as his face contort in confusion.