"oh goddess what happened?" Lady Layla said.

The old man immediate grab Prius arm to help him stand up, "My lady" he looked to Lady Layla, "this young orphan it seems his parents haven't teaches or practice sorcery to him."

Prius wanted to scoff hearing what this old man is saying. His parents indeed haven't teaches him anything about sorcery saying that he is still not ready for it, so he practice on his own until the shadow appears before him and offered him unimaginable power.

Lord Elias nodded. Young Sorcerers like Prius who have no knowledge about sorcery tends to overwhelms when they meet a powerful sorcerers like them. Lord Elias called their servants to lead Prius to his room.

"I shall take my leave, my lord" the old man said. Lord Elias nodded in response while Lady Layla smile gently. The old man bow and left. The old man is actually a sorcerer Elder, he was appointed by the House of White to handle this kind of affairs that's involving humans. The sorcerer Elders needs to investigate this murder case knowing that it is indeed involve a dark sorcery seeing the couple missing hearts.

***

Prius was resting in the room when he felt his door open slowly. He immediately stood up and ready to attack when he saw a woman who is two years younger than him entered carrying two mugs.

He was stunned when the woman show him a beautiful smile. His heart literally stop for a second before it beats faster than a normal beat. She looks like the source of the light inside the dimly room. Her smile bring something in his heart that he couldn't understand.

"hi! You must be Prius" the woman said, "I am Lucille White"

He was dumbfounded. She is the daughter of Lord Elias and Lady Layla, the heir of house of white. No wonder he can feel a strong power in her but it is still raw, untouched and pure unlike the strong power from the couple, it was controlled but still pure.

"my mother already told me about" Lucille said, "I am actually excited to meet you knowing from now on you will be my brother" she smiled, "are you okay now?" she slightly tilted her head and she looked so innocent.

All that he did was nodded. He couldn't found his voice to answer her.

"oh I brought you hot Choco" Lucille said giving one of the mug to Prius who gladly took it. "mother always give me this before I go to sleep and she said it can also help you regain your strength"

Prius nodded again and sip a little of he hot Choco in the mug. It looks like Lucille doesn't mind if she is the only one talking and Prius only nodded as a respond.

That was the first time they meet, the first time they talk. Lucille doesn't asked about his parents and he was tankful of it because if Lucille learn about what really happened to his parents, he was pretty sure that she will be disappointed to him.

It was the start of their bonding and unconsciously he was falling and falling deeply in love to Lucille. He realized it when he gets annoyed every time Lucille called him brother. He was Lucille's companion in practicing sorcery until both of them surpasses the head of the house of white.

Lord Elias and Lady Layla was hoping that two of them was lifemate but as the time pass by here's no sign was seen between the two.

But they didn't know that Prius was already so much in love to Lucille to the point of no return. He even thought that Lucille was his lifemate, Lucille was too dense and innocent to know about Lifemate

He swear to never let her go. She was the one who change him for the better.

But he never thought that everything will change in the day of Pacisci Ball.

***

Lucille was excited to attend the ball Prius can see it in her eyes. Prius has this thinking that Lucille was unaware that he is her lifemate and he wanted to stay that way. He wanted to make her fall in love with him for he is, not because they are Lifemate. He was also excited to attend the ball - a chance to invite her to a dance. Finally able to tell her what's inside of his heart.

When they arrive, it customary for the house head to greet other leader or chief of other races. Prius was beside Lucille as they follow Lord Elias and Lady Layla - head of house of white while greeting others.

"Are you okay?" Prius asked looking worriedly to Lucille who was so quiet beside him.

"I don't know" Lucille whispered, "I feel something good is going to happen"

Prius smiled thinking finally Lucille can feel their bond.

"Greeting Alpha Vasil and Luna Patria" Lord Elias said slightly bowing his head together with Lady Layla to the Alpha and Luna of the Crescent Pack.

"It is good to see you Lord Elias and Lady Layla" Luna Patria smiled returning the gesture to them.

"Who is this young man?" Lady Layla asked noticing a man standing behind the Alpha and Luna.

"I believe you haven't met our son" Alpha Vasil said, "It is his first time to attend the Pacisci Ball. He was busy in his training" he put his hand to his son's shoulder and moves him towards the house head of white. "This is our son, Vigo the next in line Alpha of the Crescent pack."

"Good gods" Lord Elias said, "the moon goddess must be rejoicing for another addition to her descendant."

"I can see he will be a great Alpha someday" Lady Layla said, "since this is your first time" she said to Vigo. "Let me introduce to you our adopted son, Prius" Prius bow to Vigo knowing Vigo has a higher position than him; after all he was just an adopted son of the house of white "this is our daughter Lucille"

Lucille curtsies towards Vigo and Prius felt Lucille froze that moment she lifts her head to look at Vigo. Prius frown, he look at Vigo who was also staring at Lucille and notice a golden ring in his iris.

"It can't be" Prius curses in whisper.

"Thank goddess!" Luna Patria said in excited voice, "You finally met you Lifemate my son"

"Calm down honey" Alpha Vasil smiled sweetly to Patria.

Lord Elias laughed seeing his daughter looking down trying to hide her cheeks blushing deeply in red, "well, we should be celebrating!"

They are all talking to each other completely forgetting about Prius who stood there rigidly still trying to process everything. 'There's must be something wrong!' He thought.

***

Prius stood up. His hand found the vase full of blooming flower and threw it against the wall across the bed. The vase shattered and the water from it soak the carpet floor. His hand shook because of anger, for remember that memory.

"I am your lifemate!" he said towards the woman who was lying in the bed. "Not that mutt!" he continues shouting at the woman even though he knew that she will never hear him or response to him. "I kill that mutt! You are mine!" he put both of his hands in both side of her cheeks. "all I need is to get the twins and we will live together, just the two of us together" he kiss her forehead ignoring the coldness sipping in his lips as he touches her skin, "Always remember that I love you, that you are mine and mine alone"

"You are mine Lucille and no one can take you away from me" he said in finality before he left the room.

The darkness overpower him because of his hatred towards Vigo for stealing Lucille away from him.

His love for Lucille become his downfall, it robs his sanity away and changes him for worst.