A Forever Holiday

Start from the beginning

You spent the next day, Snoggletog Eve, at Hiccup's house, too. He was his usual hyper self mixed with the sugar filled sweets his dad left out for y'all. You were both hyper and smiling for most of the day. Of course, you also ended up crashing early, falling asleep on the couch in front of the fire.

You woke up next to Hiccup on his bed. Stoick must've moved you both when he returned home. You waited patiently for Hiccup to wake up, enjoying the warmth staying under the blanket brought. You only had a thin, small blanket at the cave. You were always cold during the winter months. It was a miracle you stayed warm enough to survive.

When Hiccup woke up, he was surprised to find you awake. He eagerly jumped out of bed, knocking the blanket to the floor, and dragged you to his father's room. He strategically moved the axe across the room as quietly as possible before jumping on Stoick. "WAKE UP! WAKE UP! IT'S SNOGGLETOG! DAD, WAKE UP!"

When all Stoick did was smirk, Hiccup pulled you up to help him. You both jumped while Hiccup screamed. Suddenly an arm wrapped around both of you and pulled you to the bed, you in the middle. You giggled alongside Hiccup.

"Dad, wake up," Hiccup demanded. "It's Snoggletog."

Stoick chuckled, deeply. "Yes, I heard the first time. Now go back to sleep."

"Snoggletog. Wakey wakey time," you giggled.

Hiccup froze while Stoick's eyes flew open. "(Y- Y/ N)?" Hiccup asked.

You turned to face him.

"Y- You spoke. You spoke!" Hiccup broke free of his dad's grasp and continued jumping on the bed. "Oh this is the greatest Snoggletog ever!" You started jumping beside him as Stoick slowly made his way out of bed. Still in pajamas, Hiccup pulled you both to the living room, where you dug through your helmets to see what goodies Odin left for you. You hadn't celebrated Snoggletog in years, but you were quite pleased with the fuzzy blanket you got.

"I'm sure a blanket it not what you had in mind for your Snoggletog present, (Y/ N), but Hiccup insisted on this gift."

You smiled brightly and shook your head, holding the soft, warm blanket close to you.

"See, dad? I told you she'd like it."

"Aye, that you did, son."

You didn't really know what to give the chief and his son, so you handed them a drawing of a sunset with you and Hiccup sitting on the cliff, side by side.

"Wow, (N/ N), this is amazing!" Hiccup admired.

"You've got quite the talent, (Y/ N)," agreed Stoick.

Every Snoggletog was spent together, laughing and smiling. You always spent the night, and always shared with them your voice on the forever holiday, as you called it.

***************

You are both 18

On the Edge

****************

"What are you doing for Snoggletog, Hiccup?" Fishlegs asked.

"Same thing I do every year," Hiccup answered vaguely.

"I hate it when he speaks in riddles!" cursed Tuffnut.

"You'll have to tell us a bit more than that, Hiccup," Astrid laughed.

"I'm going to spend it with my dad and (N/ N)." Hiccup smiled at you as he answered, but you didn't glance his way. Still, he knew you saw him with your excellent peripheral vision and continued. "(N/N) always spends Snoggletog eve and Snoggletog with us."