24 - Meet Their Highnesses? More Like Meet the Parents

Start from the beginning

Demetri’s eyes hardened, “And how would I know if you wouldn’t hurt her again?” He said.

“I-I wouldn’t do such things against Lily; you out of all people should know that, Demetri!”

He narrowed his eyes at me and took me by the hand. My heart jumped in hope and gratitude. But before we started our journey, he looked over at me, his eyes never so cold. I shivered

“It’s Your Highness to you.”

My heart dropped.

----

Beep, beep, beep.

Never have I ever liked a hospital, or an infirmary, in this case. The smell of it is already makes me want to puke, if not already. The beds are slept on by hundreds of other patients. The walls are dull and boring, and lifeless: dead.

If you’d asked me, I would prefer looking at a pastel-colored wall and a rainbow-colored ceiling rather than staring at a white, dull and empty wall when screaming and giving birth.

Just saying.

Lily’s heartbeat was slow, but thankfully steady. I stood beside the door – His Highness didn’t allow me to stand within a 5 feet radius from his beloved mate – while Demetri (oops, I mean, His Highness) kissed the top of her forehead and, despite my wariness for the brunette that was lying peacefully on the sickly dull and white mattress, I couldn’t help myself but feel envious of her.

I looked away quickly for her and tamed down my jealously, afraid that I would cause something even worse.

You don’t like him, you don’t like him, you don’t like him, I thought in my head, before I sighed, exasperated. Utter bullshit.

“She’s getting better,” Demetri muttered as he turned his head to look at me sharply. The previous compassionate and longing look he gave Lily was now gone, replaced by his infamous look, which was also known as the look he gave me: cold, uncaring; annoyed.

Annoyed by what? My presence.

“When will she wake up?” I asked softly as I stared at Lily’s pale face. Her hair was brushed aside, and sprawled around her face. She was lying underneath a thin linen blanket. All in all, she didn’t look like she had gotten Spiralled, or whatever.

That’s because you haven’t had the full power yet. Think about it; if you were one of us… the things you could do…

I hushed the voice in my head.

“I’ll give it another hour,” Demetri sighed as he rubbed Lily’s hand with his index finger and thumb, “Hopefully less than that.”

Silent washed over us. Demetri was eyeing Lily with a loving look. His face shined with adoration, so much adoration that I had to force myself to look away from his beautiful face, and remind myself he wasn’t looking at me like that. No, he was looking at Lily that way, not me. Not Rosemarie Smith, someone who doesn’t stand out beside this brunette beauty. No, it was Lily Edwards.

He loved Lily; a beautiful, gorgeous girl who’s worth all of the love and affection of Demetri Arch, His Highness.

Not me, Rose, a dangerous girl who’s not even worth a single glance from her best friend’s boyfriend, who she was also crushing on, and a girl who had also hurt her own best friend which was Her Highness of a vampire country.

Notice how bad I sound beside Lily’s pristine and perfect name and reputation?

We watched as we listened to the constant beep-beeping of Lily’s heartbeat, making ourselves comfortable in the silence.