I fiddled with my eyebrows, wondering if that was a compliment before giving up and placing the napkin on my lap and waiting as the plates of food were placed in front of us.

"Here you go." Evan mumbled as he handed up our soups and salads, "I hope you enjoy it." 

Before he could leave, Grayson opened his mouth and had to be stupid.

"Thank you, me and my Mae-Bae will enjoy it." He smirked and winked at me, causing a still red-faced Evan to rush off.

"I know those words didn't just come out of your mouth." I visibly cringed as I repeated after him, "Mae-bae?" 

"What? It was a cute improv?" He shrugged, grinning and trying to persuade me to this the same, "Not good at all? Come on." 

"That was gag-worthy." I shivered, "I think washing your mouth with a couple of shots of alcohol would be your best bet." 

So that was the real reason why that idiot wanted to call me Mae.

•••

"I'll pay," I told Grayson, handing Evan my card only to be interrupted.

"No, I'll pay." Gray urged, handing him another card.

Evan stood in the middle, unamused at me and Gray's mini showdown, more so after the incidents prior.

"I'll pay Gray, I insist," I told him, plastering a stern smile on my face.

I could tell his facade was let down a bit, but not enough as it seemed.

We weren't dating and as friends, if that was what you could call us, I didn't mind covering the bill. 

"Don't worry Mae, I got this." He continued, not stopping until I willfully sunk into his agreement.

Fine, asshole. If you wanna play, then round two. Logical.

"You already have to cover the gas for driving everywhere, this is the least I can do of my share," I smirked, batting my eyelashes and flashing a smile.

He looked at the slyly before the wheels in his brain decided to form an argument.

"Oh no, I invited you out. I was very well aware of my spending—"

"Or you two could just split the bill?" Evan asked, slightly annoyed.

"Sure, let's do that. He's not going to back down so I suggest you run with both cards." I told Evan as he nodded and scurried off.

A pout formed on Gray's face and I couldn't help but laugh.

He looked so cute and childish.

Grayson's dirty blonde hair was swept up, away from his face. His grey eyes held a childish innocence yet again as he pouted over the bill situation.

"I wanted to pay." He whined.

I sighed before reasoning with him, "I was more than capable of paying for myself so why shouldn't I? I didn't mind, after all, that's why I brought my wallet."

Eventually, he lifted his pout into a smile.

"Fine, but next time, I'm paying." He told me, smirking.

There was going to be a next time?

•••

The walk to the car was awkward, especially since Evan scribbled an apology on our receipt and added his number to it.

Not to mention, on the way out, a girl who had been sitting behind us tucked a piece of paper from her bra, I kid you not, into Grayson's back pocket.

Despite knowing she was using way too strong of an approach, she winked before removing her hand and turning back to me and giving a small, awkward smile.

"What is wrong with the folks at Olive Garden?" Grayson muttered, tossing her number into the trash.

"Don't mention the restaurant." I joked, "What did it ever do to you?" 

"Of course, all hail Olive Garden who can do no wrong, " He said as he bowed, "Cept maybe work on their workers?" 

I laughed before shrugging it off and screaming, "Let's go to the carnival and have some fun and just forget about it!" 

I could feel myself warming up to him but as I saw a smile flash across his face, I didn't know whether I wanted to stop or not. 

One of those ear to ear, all them cute pearly whites kind of smiles.

And I liked it.

•••

I tend to dilly dally since I am pretty busy at times and procrastinate a lot; funny, I know. I'll apologize ahead of time if my chapters are up late but they will always be completed daily (every day) or every two days (every other day); making at least 3 chapters a week to look forward to! I'm actually coming up with 2 more books I plan on introducing and I do have a comic/ blog kind of thing going on :) Let's hit 500 views before New Years :) Anyways, please comment, vote, and share! I hope y'all enjoy this chapter!

P.S. I'll start doing a shout out soon but all you silent readers :) I'm thankful for y'all but I want to hear what you guys think if you are up for it! So make sure to comment!

-Anne

•••
Updated: 12•27•17
Edited: 1012•20