Chapter 4

Paris **
We pulled up at this club and the lights in the window said "Poetry Jam." She wrote poetry? or was it just a nice club ? I don't know but whatever it is i hope its fun. She walked over and opened my door i got out and grabbed her free hand following her into the club. The line was wrapped around the building but Taye walked to the front of the line i felt us getting starred at and i loved every minute of it. Once we stepped in the club the soothing sounds of rhymes being spoken filled my ears, we sat at a booth in the middle and a chilled bottle of champagne sat surrounded by flowers.

Taye **
It was almost my turn to go on and me nervous it never happened but for some reason tonight i had this weird feeling in my stomach that maybe just maybe meant i was a little nervous. I swiftly got up so Paris wouldn't notice her eyes glued to the speaker and ran behind stage. I could hear the snaps for the last speaker ring as he walked past me and patted my back "Good Luck Easy Crowd Out There" i smiled and fixed my dress shirt and pants preparing to go on as i heard my name being called "Next we will have Love at first sight by Taye" i slowly walked out the high red curtains and faced the crowd and looked over at Paris her mouth was surprised and the words started to flow off my tongue :

"When first we touched,
My heart flew high,
On gossamer wings through a cloudless sky.
They said it was built upon a lie.
They told me my feelings would surely fade.
Passion would flare and foes would be made.
Can you not put the pass behind?
True love can change a rivers course,
Or pierce the strongest vault with ease.
True love can turn coal into gold,
Or tame the tempest to a balmy breeze.
Quite some time has passed since then:
People no longer criticize,
For now they see that truth exists,
Where once there might have been only lies.
Still my feelings are the same today,
As they were on that very first,
For when we touch, my heart still flies, on gossamer wings through cloudless skies."

After i finished i took a deep breath and walked to Paris and she hugged me tight and kissed my cheek "I didn't know you did poetry it was beautiful Taye." After a few more poems i knew it was time i took her home it was about 1 in the morning and she looked tired.

Paris **
After Taye went on stage i was shocked i didn't know she wrote poetry she never told me that but it was beautiful. We stayed till about 1 in the morning and i started to get tired and i guess Taye noticed it because she took my hand and we proceeded to her truck. We pulled up at my house and i looked over at her in sleepy eyes "Thank you for the beautiful first date i had an amazing time" i kissed her cheek but she moved her face and kissed my lips. I resisted to kiss back but the temptation was killing me so i gave in. She held my face in her hands as we caught our breath. I saw my porch light come on and quickly got out without even saying goodnight before my dad caught me and walked inside.