Chapter 14: Dreams and Nightmares

Start from the beginning

    Roar!

    He heard the growling in the distance, as the werewolf got closer. Stiles panicked and immediately ran for a small alley that ran between two buildings. He was carefully to avoiding dropping trash cans with disgusting fumes pouring out of them. With haste, Stiles reached the end of the alleyway and hid behind one of the building and held his breath to slow his heartbeat. Even from the distance, he could hear the werewolf scowl and sniff, trying to pick up his scent. Luckily, before the creature had a chance to identify his sent, the dust cloud rolled in, messing with the werewolf's senses. The wolf whimpered and growled, and in Stiles' favor, the werewolf roared and ran further away from his location. Stiles sighed, finally realising his breath and sat down on the ground. He took a while to regain his composure. He wiped his forehead that was now dripping with sweat and pulled back his greasy hair. Nearby, he saw a few broken shards of glass, and carefully he brought one up and was repulsed by how filth he appeared, his face was covered in ash, and his pale skin defiled.

    "Stiles..." He looked up to see who was calling him. But there was no one there. The only people here were the dead who were slaughtered by demonic creatures. He examined this surroundings to be sure. then he saw that there was a scrappy wooden door that was open by a crack. Stiles stood up and opened it all the way with door making a creaking sound. The inside was dark, like a huge void. No room. No light. It was just a dark, empty, void.

    "Stiles..." Despite the darkness, Stiles could hear a voice as it continued to call to him. Stiles tried to move but the fear of what lies beyond this void remained unknown and mysterious. He didn't know if something worse was within this void, or if he would be lost for all eternity with no way out.

    "Stiles..." With every small whisper, the voice became weaker and more desperate. Someone was in trouble and they were probably in pain while he stood there like a coward. His instincts were telling him to go back but his heart said otherwise.

    "Stiles..." Deciding to help, Stiles slowly brought one foot up and moved another in the completely blackness. As he stepped, it felt as if he was walking on a marble floor. He didn't feel hot, or cold. There was no wind or heat. There wasn't anything. It was like walking through the emptiness that was here before the universe that was born from a singular celestial explosion. There was no sign of life. Stiles tried to squint his eyes to see if there was anyone here. But there was no one. "Hello," he called out. He hoped that whoever was calling him would hear him through this void. However, there was no replay.

    "YOU!"

    Stiles flinched as he turned to see a fog rolling through the emptiness. As the fog washed over, the blackness of the void turned gray and gloom. Suddenly a figure was walking into the void. Eyes still blazing a fiery red as they burned right through Stiles' soul. As the figure emerged from the fog, Stiles gasped at the sight before him. Before him was a bloody Scott. His best friend was only wearing a wrinkled and torn jeans whereas his hair was tousled and his shirt was practically torn. Stiles watched as Scott breathed in and out in pure rage. Scott's eyes still burning red. Claws slowly dug out from Scott's fingernails. 

    "Scott, what happened," Stiles asked with a shaky breath, even though he was trying to remain calm. Scott though, only smirked and said, "Poor Stiles, you used to tease me for being as dull as a pencil, remember," he asked. Stiles was well aware, but he was always like this. He didn't always mean it. Stiles didn't answer. Scott only continued, "Now look at you, lost just as I was. So lost in this new reality, where you aren't sure if could trust Dean, Sam, and Castiel. You know what the weird part is?"

    Stiles just stood there as Scott circled him like a predator when it's trying to corner its prey. Scott continued to taunt Stiles. "You're the boy who usually trusts his gut, but now, you can't. First, the sheriff keeps your real parents a secret, then you try to bond with Dean but he hesitates to reach back. Stiles, you've lost sight in who you are. You're not strong like Dean, you're not selfless like the sheriff, you're not a leader like me, and you're not as smart as Lydia. So who are you Stiles?"