Six New Little Babies

Lucy's POV

I know how to do this.. Sky Dragon Slayer Magic was one of the first things I mastered. When I wasn't training, I visited Edolas and helped with the hospital for Exceeds. I delivered countless exceeds over there, I was pretty good I'd say so myself.

It was too late to take Carla to the nearby hospital, and by what I've heard, we aren't on such good terms with them.. Just imagine what our guild could do to that poor place.

"Okay, Carla?" I softly asked her.

"Yes Miss Lucy?" she squeaked.

"We're going to have to deliver them here.." I squeaked back.

"WHAT????!!!!" she yelled at me.

"I know, it's not what you planned," Sapphire cut me off, "But before she returned, Miss Lucy would visit Edolas many times to work at the hospital there and would many times deliver exceeds! She's a trusted nurse."

"Thanks Sapphire.. Natsu? Do you see Mira and Wendy yet?" I yelled to him. No answer.

"Crap.. Happy stay here and tell me when she has another contraction!" I ran out of the house and saw Natsu running back with Mira and Wendy not far behind. I ran up to meet them.

"Come on, if we're going to get these babies out into the world, I'm going to need you to help me nurse her, and Wendy, you're going to use a lot of magic. It's going to be really painful for her. Plus, it will help move things faster. Natsu, you're going to need to keep Happy calm and help me with whatever needs to be done," I ordered.

"Aye aye Captain!" they all cheered. With hearts full of joy and contempt, we ran back to the house and got to bringing the little joys into the world.

Natsu's POV

I walked outside to get some air with Happy.

"How's it feel?" I asked while sitting down in the soft grass.

"What?" he chuckled as he joined me on the ground.

"How does it feel to be a dad?" I asked in full seriousness.

"It's the best feeling in the world."

"Good.." I said under my breath.

"Lucy sure did a good job. Had to calm you down every now and then!" he playfully punched my shoulder with his little paw.

"Is it too soon to be thinking of marrying her?You know, ruling the Dragon Realm, the Celestial Kingdom, starting a family-" Happy cut me off.

"You have nothing to worry about. Are you ready to marry her?" he asked in a serious tone.

"Of course I am!"

"Well remember, Igneel had you two engaged the day you guys met. You guys are already engaged," he laughed.

"But it's so soon.."

"When it feels right, that's when you know it's time. Trust yourself," Happy smiled.

"Yeah, that makes sense. Thanks Happy. I guess you've been raising me these past few years.."

"Let's say it's pay back.." we joked.

"How do you feel about making it official? I mean, you don't really have to get married officially, just sealing the engagement?" he asked again.

"You know what Happy, I think that's the perfect thing to do. Hell, I don't even need to by her a ring!"

"Oh one more thing!" Happy stopped me.

"How would you feel about you and Lucy being God-Parents?"

"We would be honored! You really do believe in me huh?" I hugged him.

"Of course Natsu!"

"Thank you, well come on. They're waiting for us!" I ran back to the house followed by my little blue buddy.

We went inside and just spent sometime together while Carla was starting to recover. Then I remembered Happy's news.

"Hey Happy?" I called out to him.

"Yeah?" he peeked his head from the kitchen.

"You wanna tell Luce the good news?" I winked.

"Which one?" he winked back.

"Yours," I laughed hoping to cover up the fact I had gone red.

"Alright, Carla and I have decided to make you and Natsu the God-Parents!" he chirped.

"What?! Really?! Natsu, did you know?!" she grabbed my hands.

"He told me outside!" I chuckled.

"Ahhhh!" she wrapped her arms around my neck and got on her tippy toes.

"This is so cool! Even if we aren't married?!" she got back down on both feet and looked at Happy. I looked at him too, he looked back and forth, landed on me and smirked.

"Of course! We decided we'll have them call Wendy their aunt," he crossed his arms across his little chest. For some reason, I kissed her with all my might, grabbing her attention and everyone else's in the room.

She smiled and turned to Happy, "How about you guys get some rest and Natsu and I will check up on them until they're close to hatching. If that's okay?"

"Absolutely!" Carla slowly walked over to us, "That's sounds perfect!"

"Just keep the eggs safe and warm for tonight. We'll be back tomorrow!" Lucy called out to the new parents, grabbed my hand, and pulled me out the door.

"Good job today." I looked down at her. She slung her boots over her shoulder and walked barefoot.

"Thanks, I love helping people with this kind of stuff."

"Maybe you can help Levy with hers."

"Oh shoot! I totally forgot about that!" she raised a hand to her forehead.

"Hey it's fine! You look exhausted."

"I am.." we continued to walk.

"Dinner then bed?"

"Sounds absolutely perfect.." she yawned, making me yawn too.

We walked in blissful silence all the way to the house hand in hand. I'll be telling Gray, Gajeel, and Jellal tomorrow. Tomorrow, is gonna be a good day.