shocked

"You don't know you're beautiful"

==========

"Alyssa Valdez is so amazing...." A short girl with a fair skin and black rimmed glasses that sat crooked on her nose accidentally mumbled under her breath as she watched the captain of the volleyball team spike a ball over the net during practice and how the captain flashed a smile as her teammates praised her. There was a game at night with their rival school and everyone was practicing except for a certain few that were in a small circle.

A pig-like girl snickered. "You like her no? She' s way out of your league. She's the star of the volleyball team while you? You are the weakest and the worst.''

A tall girl slapped the back of the other girl's head and chided. "Stop discouraging her Ella. Den, If you like her, talk to her."

She was about to speak but she was cut off by a so-called-queen bee girl. "Dennise, Alyssa has a boyfriend."

Annoyed, Dennise retorted. "I don't like her, I don't hate her either. It's just that she's so good at playing volleyball, and Ella, Mae, Bea please stop assuming I like her? Besides, even If I like her, I don't stand a chance, as what Bea said she has boyfriend and the fact the I'm not attractive enough."

"Get rid of your glasses and change your fashion, Ate! You'd be so attractive! Even Ate Alyssa wouldnt able to resist you." Rookie named Jhoana joined the conversation.

"I'd be blind if I got rid of my glasses, Jho. Loko ka talaga." Dennise replied. Everyone else shook their heads in disbelief.

"Ohmygod, did you never think of getting contacts? Do you even know that?" Bea said in disbelief.

"Ofcourse, I do. But I prefer glasses because it's easy to put." Dennise said innocently.

"Gahd you're helpless."

====

Dennise entered the bathroom, she just finished cleaning the gym and are planning to change her clothes. She was about to put her baggy shirt when she heard a cry in one of the cubicles.

She can't help but to feel nervous, she's a fan of horror movies but experiencing one is a no no to her.

The door shot opened and it reveals the captain of the vb team. She is shocked to see Alyssa with a bloodshot eyes, so she quickly asked if she was okay.

"I am." Alyssa replied while wiping the tears at her face.

"Do you wanna talk about it? I mean, you can share it to me. Even if we're not close. You know? Hehe but its okay if you don't." She want to thanked herself for not suttering even if she's nervous as heck.

"Who are you?" She was shocked even more. Am I really invisible? We were on the same team but she doesnt know me. I guess I shouldn't expect. I am nothing after all. She thought.

"I am Dennise Lazaro. We're on the same team."

"Oh? The Dennise Lazaro? The nerd-looking girl. I don't mean to offend you but is that really you?" Alyssa said with a smile. She thought that Dennise is really attractive.

"Ummm. Yes? Why?" She asked confusedly

"Nothing. You look good tho. Without your glasses and your usual baggy shirt. You look pretty."

"T-thank you." Heck. Her crush just complement her.

They talked afterwards. Dennise learned that Alyssa and her boyfriend just broken up.