"I'm just going to go change—?" I told him as I made my way into the kitchen to toss the empty tub, "Make yourself comfortable and I'll be down in 5."

After walking up the stairs, I let my hair down and made my way into my room, to my closet.

Knowing that I couldn't be bothered, I grabbed the cleanest pair of shorts, a tight white top, and a green flannel. Slipping on a couple of accent rings, I grabbed my lanyard, wallet, a small black bag, and my chapstick which I reapplied before putting it in my back pocket.

 Slipping on a couple of accent rings, I grabbed my lanyard, wallet, a small black bag, and my chapstick which I reapplied before putting it in my back pocket

My light brown hair was dried in my natural waves and I made my way down to Grayson after grabbing a pair of grey Jordans.

Keeping to my word, I came back down in 5 minutes only to find an unamused Grayson.

"Why is this show so confusing?" He questioned, not understanding the full back story of Grey's Anatomy, "So did he just sleep with her? And he's married?"

"It's more confusing to explain it," I answered, putting on my Jordans, "I would say watch it but the number of seasons leads to an unending hole of episodes."

He shrugged as if he gave up and continued, "I was thinking we grab some lunch before we head to the carnival?"

"Deal." I agreed, just barely looking up in time to catch him staring at me.

•••

"Thanks for everything last night," I told him after getting into the car, "The ride, hanging out with my brothers, and all that."

"No problem." He grinned, "Happy to help."

And just like that, the drive was awkward and quiet; neither of us knowing what to say or when to say it.

Finally, he spoke up.

"You like Italian?" He asked, turning his face to me. I slapped him once more. He had that habit of wanting to look at the person he was talking to which was good in the aspect of public speaking but bad when you wanted to stay alive.

But bitch. You best believe I want to come out of this car alive.

Grayson let out another hearty chuckle as he awaited my reply.

"Of course." I answered, "It's only one of the best."

Then again, food was good.

He smiled as he took off to our lunch destination, "Agreed."

•••

Olive Garden.

Heaven's hope of joy of chain restaurants.

Honestly, I was happier to see the restaurant than I was to see the guy who drove me there.

Granted, it wasn't as authentic Italian as my grandmother but what you can get from America without going to Italy or going homemade and the food was at best subpar.

"Ugh, I swear I'm so ready to eat Italian." I told him, smiling from ear to ear, "Thanks for the ride again by the way."

Food was definitely my best friend.

"No worries." He replied, laughing it off, "I'm starving."

Being blinded by the thought of food earlier, I didn't register his laugh. It was in a way genuine, almost contagious in a way.

I liked his laugh.

The thought weirded me out but then again, I liked anyone's laugh because it meant that I wasn't making them uncomfortable if it sounded genuine and that they were actually happy.

Unless you sounded like me, Mrs. Windshield Wiper.

I had the habit of having the most disgusting laugh but just thinking about it made me laugh more.

As we walked into the restaurant, Grayson led me with his arm as we were guided to our tables, never once actually touching me.

We were seated at a booth in the back before handed menus to order from. After a few minutes, a guy not much older than me walks over.

"Hello, welcome to Olive Garden. I'm Evan, I'll be your server today. Can I get y'all started on any drinks?" He asked, facing just me.

It wasn't until I looked up and found him ignoring Grayson and focusing his undivided attention to me and my chest that I pulled my flannel a bit tighter and coughed, finding it a bit rude.

Not that I had much there anyways.

But, action alone was enough to make me uncomfortable.

One of the more saddening troubles girls had to go through.

"I would like some pink lemonade—"I ordered before glancing at Grayson, who began to notice.

"Root beer for me." He chimed in.

The waited nodded.

"I'll be back to tap in your orders right after I grab your drinks," Evan stated before winking.

I smirked back before holding two fingers, gesturing for him to come closer, tired of him going out of his way to make us all uncomfortable.

"Anything extra you want?" He asked, definitely inching closer this time.

In fact, a little too close.

I saw Grayson tense up a little before distracting himself with a bag of zero-calorie sweetener.

"I'm eating with just him, so unless you are an 'all for three' type of guy, I suggest you move along." I whispered causing him to immediately step back.

Evan's face wrinkled in disgust before apologizing and walking away after getting the hint as while Grayson held back his howling laughter.

The day was already off to an eventful start and I was sure that I wasn't going to be bored any time soon.

•••

Well, lookie here :) I'm updating a new chapter on time! Thank you so much for the 400+ votes y'all have blessed me with! Anyways, do y'all think we can get to 500+ views for New Years? Let's try it! Enjoy, comment, and vote!

P.S. We just had an earthquake where I am so it threw me off a little. Nothing I'm not used to though, this was updated at 11 PM, thank god I barely made it to today's guide :) I love y'all!

-Anne

•••
Updated: 12•26•17
Edited: 10•12•20