"Scarlett, even if its not tonight, it will be next week," Martha calls softly. 

I let a tear slip from my eye and I don't try to stop it. 

"I hope so," I whisper. 

It all seemed cliche but it was really happening and it was really how I felt. About everything. 

"Come and have some hot tea with me," Martha says, getting out and coming around to my side. 

She opens it for me and helps me out by the arm. She guides me to her room. It's a spot where all the staff sleep. It like a small hotel room really. A bed, a desk, bathroom, TV and a small kitchen. She sits me down and boils the kettle. Then a though occurs to me. 

"What about family?" I ask as Martha hands me a tissue. 

I take it, wiping my eyes and nose. 

"Oh yes,' she starts. The kettle has boiled and she pours the water into the cup. She then adds sugar and milk. She settles down next to me, handing me my cup. "Yes, I have a husband and two beautiful children."

I try not to let my jaw drop. She has a family? Why is she here then?

"B-but, w-why are you here, and a-aren't they at home or something?!"

She gives me a slight chuckle and taps the side of the mugs with her finger tips. 

"Well, I tend to see them on weekends. But I'm signed up for a contract."

I wait and think.

"I never noticed you leaving," I say. 

She shakes her head.

"I know, but I go out with them on most weekends, sometimes I will stay here."

"But, you've dedicated your time over your family!" 

She smiles.

"Well, I like to help teenagers, it's what I do. But of course, my family is a first, well not all the time! It's sometimes hard to get to them! And I'm dedicated to my job too, I love it."

"So what's this contract?" I ask.

Martha takes a sip and I decide this is a good time to take a sip too.

"Well, at the moment I'm on a contract for five years. After that, I can reapply or quit. Sometimes I will take breaks at a time. Being here for so long is why I am so close to Josh."

Now I understood.  

"Come on, drink you tea, you'll feel much better," she adds gently. 

She relaxes more and turns on the TV. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Thanks, a lot," I say, 'I feel a lot better."

I stayed for about an hour and I became tired so I decide to let Martha rest and get back to my own cabin. 

"Your welcome,' she smiles. 'You needn't worry about a thing." 

She gives me a hug and kisses my forehead. I wave to her and walk down to my cabin where Addie should be waiting. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I walk in and close the door gently behind me. I look up to see Addie sitting on the bed, fidgeting.

"Oh Scarlett!" She cries. 

She walks over and hugs me tightly. I hug her back. 

"I'm so sorry," she says. 

"It's fine," I smile. 

She sits me down. 

"Don't worry, they'll find him, okay?" 

I look her in the eyes and nod. We are silent. 

"Do you want to go up to the roof?" She asks sympathetically.

But I only shake my head. 

"Hm, sorry Addie, I just want to go to bed."

She bites her lip and nods. She understands. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I don't bother with a shower. I quickly get dressed and climb into the sheets. Addie gets into her own bed. 

"Goodnight," she says. 

"Night," I say. 

She turns the light off and I am left in the moonlight. I try and sink harder into my blankets and pillow. It gives me some sort of comfort. I can't help letting silent tears escape my eyes. Everything was getting better but now this idiot of a father had to come and ruin everything. But I knew things would get better. Wouldn't they? I sniff once and try and think of all the good things I did with Josh. I close my eyes and let the pictures and memories flood my mind. . .

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sorry for being late!!
Thanks for reading!! :)
Please comment, vote and fan :)

Tori98 <3