Chapter 5: Pride

Heyo again lovelys heres a beautiful picture of a sun rise. Now lets just get to it!

《《《《《《《《《《♧》》》》》》》》

P.O.V: Eve

Riding through the crisp air of the morning I yawn. After getting use to the broomriding again I took few test drives to make Corvo feel a tad bit better about flying with me.He took a cat nap after the second towns lights left our sight.

The dawn was approaching fast as it rose in the east. The light casting a rainbow of color into the sky above. I have to squint to see where Im going. At least I dont have to worry about hitting anything.

"By my fur, that sun is bright!" Meowed Corvo as I feel him unwind his limbs. He slept across my shoulders. His warm fur keeping my neck away from the cold air.

"How was your nap?" I ask navigating the terain of this forest.

"It would have been better if a certain little witch didnt lean to much into her turns."

"Whatever!" I shout. "My turns were just fine."

"Whatever helps you fly right, if at all." Corvo added as I feel my hair turn a slight red.

"Now, shall we go over the list." He asked as I roll my eyes. If I say no, he will just go over it anyway.
"Sure why not." I say sounding cheery.

"Oh, goody." He answers back. "I dont appreciate your sarcasm." I laugh at him and nose dive closer to the ground. The trees giving us more cover with the sun coming back up.

"Okay Spell book." He states still laying across my sholders.

"On my necklace with the rest of my stuff." One of the good things of being a witch. You can shrink your lugage to connect it to a neckle.

"Ok, potions box." He meows out.

"On my necklace, again just like everything else." Flying amongst the tree I look around for any animals. I find a few birds in the trees, but not a single bunny or squirrle.

"Corvo, do you think its weird that we havent seen any squirrles or bunnies yet?" I mean we are in the middle of a forest." I ask hoping my bad feeling is just a mistake.

"I do think it is a bit strange. Maybe they could hear you open your trap from a mile away and diside to run and hide." With that the little fur ball laughed. Shaking my head I meantally kick him off the broom. Just kidding I wouldnt do that to him. Grandmother would come back to life just to kill me.

"Watch ou------"

(A few moments later.

You read that in the SpongeBob voice. Didnt you.)

"I blame you for this." Corvo slowly meowed out as he was being squished by the broom and my body as we now hang from a tree in a large net.

"Shut up." I mutter to him. "Just give me a second." I touch the handle of my broom and tap it twice. Shrinking it down to a charm, I connect it to my chain with the rest. Corvo moves from around my head to my back.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here." A low voice states as tall figure sets out from behind a tree.

"I think its a girl, she seems to be under aged." States another trapper steping out from behind a tree as well.

"I blame you for this as well." Corvo meows softly as I try and think of a way to hide him from these trappers. They might skin him like a bunny.

"Im sorry." I wisper to Corvo as I tap him twice and shrink him to fit on my chain with the rest of my chrams.