f i f t e e n

Tahlia Meyers had been fairly successful at avoiding parties at all costs, throughout her high school years

Since she mostly kept to herself, she was barely ever invited to any. Not like it mattered, she'd been more than happy to be the loner who stayed home to do their homework on a Friday night, than go out to those teenage raves and watch strangers dry hump and grope each other, only to call it dancing.

But this Friday night was different.

She was being expected by a psychopath.

When she heard Jace talking about a party at the frat house, several miles away from Westerly, her subconscious had been quick to say yes.
She knew it well, if she was anywhere nearby Westerly, a part of her may have been tempted to explore the dangerous territories of her curiosity.

Tahlia hated herself with every ounce of energy she had, for the fact that her mind could even consider going back.

Only people who were bonkers would think twice before considering going back to the man who'd almost choked them to death with his bare two hands.

But then, maybe Tahlia Meyers had in fact completely lost her mind, the key that rested in her pockets- the evidence.

Tahlia tore her gaze away from down her lap, to the windows, her intertwined fingers continuing to twitch in unease and anticipation.

"You know, I'd never thought I'd live to see the day when Tahlia Meyers would actually go out to socialize with people her age."

Her gaze met Jace's in the rear view mirror, "Very funny, now can you please concentrate on the driving?"

The sound of his smug chuckle was followed by the sound of the engine being turned off, as the car came to a smooth halt. "Welp grandma, we're here."

The ride to the frat house was shorter than what she'd hoped for, not leaving any extra time for her to calm her nerves down. Looking at it then, the 'several miles away from westerly' part may have been an exaggeration, a defense mechanism of sorts.
She straightened her blue blouse as she stepped out of the car.

The first thing that caught Tahlia's gaze was the huge steel gate with 'Delta Kappa Beta' embellished in metallic letters.

She stopped in her tracks for a second, taking her surroundings in as she stepped into the courtyard.

Tahlia had been able to make out the profile of a huge fountain from behind the gates, but never had she expected the frat house to be as majestic as her eyes were comprehending it to be.