t w o

5

5

"The un-sub's victims were primarily blonde males.."

4

"..in their mid-thirties."

3

"Clearly the pattern indicates that.."

2

"..the un-sub possibly killed to remind herself -"

1

It's as if Professor Flint had been mechanically programmed to turn to his wrist watch at the strike of four sharp, and then turn back to the students with a flat look on his senile face.

"Lecture is dismissed for today."

Tahlia had been counting down every second, yes.

It was quite unusual for someone like Tahlia Meyers, to fret about a school assignment, yet there she sat, not ignorant to the foreboding feeling starting to stir in the pit of her stomach.

"Tal?"
She looked at Jace, his light eyes glimmering. "Ready?" He asked, his tone excited.
It baffled Tahlia how anyone could be remotely excited to stay in the same room as a killer, an insane one at that.

She was quick to nod.
Yet, every bone inside her body screamed liar.

The only thing keeping her barely composed was the fact that Jace's patient too, had turned out to be in the sanatorium.

Jace, taking notice of the nauseating look on his friend's face, wrapped an arm around her shoulder, "Lighten up Tal, you're worrying too much."

He's right, she thought, frowning.

It was merely absurd paranoia that was eating her up.

She took a deep breath.

If everyone can do this, so can you.

You need to.

She looked at Jace right in the eye with newfound confidence. "Let's go."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Turns out she had managed to check her newfound confidence at the gates of the sanatorium.

The asbestos letters that spelt out the institution's name seemed too shiny and new for the contrasting huge structure behind it.
The ornate architecture that adorned the building suggested that it had seen, at least, a complete century.

The perfect setting for a stereotypical horror movie.

Tahlia had expected the asylum to be crowded with students like them, but eerily enough, the hallway was pretty much soullessly empty except for her and Jace.