"Ooh Jake's looking hot" Mel smirked making him turn red. "I bet he is a chick magnet" Ace fist bumped Jake. "Maybe I am" Jake laughed while I rolled my eyes. It was true that Jake was an attraction for girls but the point that he was my younger brother didn't allow me to believe that he could be attractive in any way, just pure annoying.

Everyone was meeting Jake after a long time and he definitely loved being in the spotlight. I went and sat next to Dan who was giving him physics tips. "Make sure you cut those glass pieces equally and glue them with transparent gel so that the light refracts from all edges perfectly and from all panels" he explained the detailed making of a 3D hologram.

"Scholar" I teased after he was done with his talking. "You were the one who explained this to the class" he reasoned with me. "Yeah but you are the one who tops physics" I said.

"Is Jake your real brother?" he asked me after a long moment of what-to-say. "Yes!" I said, amazed at his question. "Oh like he's not your cousin right" he asked, scratching the back of his ear. "No! He's my biological brother" I laughed.

"I know he looks better than me, and that I look nothing like him, but yeah he's my bro" I spoke like all the boredom in the world had struck me. "No no, I didn't mean it that way, just that I didn't know you had a brother" he chewed on the inside of his cheek as he spoke. He probably felt just like what I did when I met Matt for the first time.

"I know how it feels" I patted his head and he looked up at me. "Yes beautiful" he teased and went to Jake. God only knew what he was up to. I would have killed him if he were to tell he was my boyfriend or anything. It was best that Jake didn't know. Thankfully he just resumed his 'light' talk.

"Guys, you all are invited to my house for Christmas!" I announced before I forgot. "Time?" Theo asked, knowing how forgetful I could get. "Six pm" I smiled.

"Don't forget the presents!" Howard called out loudly. "Yes, don't" I gave him a glare and laughed.
x-x

We were done with buying presents for everyone and I had ticked off all the names on my list. Yet I was forgetting something. I went through my list again when Lisa came inside, holding some wrapping paper in her arms.

"Did you call and give invitations to all?" she asked. "Liz, you are a genius!" I said, remembering what I had forgotten. "Why thank you" she said. I had not called Matt and Mr. and Mrs. Barrett. So I immediately went and called their landline. It was Mrs. Barrett who picked up.

"Hello?"
"Hello, I'm Serena, Dan's friend"
"Oh yes, that pretty young lady"
"Not so much" I chuckled "I have called for inviting you all over for Christmas"
"Oh thank you dear but I'm afraid we have other plans. So sorry we won't be able to make it"
"Matt And Dan?"
"Dan yes, Matt not so sure, you can ask him yourself"
"Okay, thank you. And do try to come if possible in any way"
"Sure, Merry Christmas"

I texted Matt as soon as I had finished talking to their aunt. "Slow down, what's the hurry" Jake came in with the tape and scissors I had asked him to bring. "And who you textin" he eyed my phone suspiciously. "Friend's brother" I replied and waited for Matt's reply.

"Is he your boyfriend?" he asked, popping a strawberry in his mouth. "He's Dan's elder brother!" I rolled my eyes when my phone buzzed with a text. "Matt's coming" I told Lisa happily, not improving Jake's expressions. "I told you, he's not my boyfriend" I pushed another strawberry in his mouth, to stop his worthless talks.
x-x

Two loud gunshots and there was a blast of blood as his body slumped down the wall, his eyes conveying the grieving goodbyes.

"No!" I screamed and opened my eyes, welcoming myself into the real world. There were tears rolling down my cheek onto my pillow, wetting it. It's just a dream, it's just a dream, I consoled myself. But I couldn't get the horrifying images out of my head.