Chapter 5

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Edward

"Im so sorry, Princess!" I say as look into her beautiful brown eyes. Her lower lip wobbles.

"No, please dont cry! I promise i will be back!" i said desperately. I hate seeing my little angel cry.

She looks at me pleading. I look at Esme and Carlisle. They give me the look. I sigh in defeat.

School. Today i have to go back to school. I have to go back to the place where teenagers are hormonal and teachers are aggravated because the teenagers wont learn anything because of their harmones. I'd rather just sit at home playing with Bella and listening to her babble happily.

I walk toward the door, hearing small sniffles behind me. As soon as i walk out of the door i can hear her small cries. I wimper softy and get in my already full volvo.

Today was terrible. It felt like time was even slower. I was in my own personal hell. I just wanted to be with Bella! As soon as we got home, i bolted into the house. I ran to her room and sighed happily. She was taking a nap. I walk over to her crib and pick her up, carefull not to jostle her. As if she knew it was me she opens her eyes.

She pouts at me for a second and i whimper softly.

"Im so sorry, princess. I had to." i say. She looks at me for a moment before giving me a smile. I smile back at her. She snuggles into me. I grab some of her books and toys and go to my room. I turn on Debussy and sit on my floor with her. She squeals in delight. I laugh.

"What do you want to do princess?" i ask. She points eagerly to the small pile of books i have. I smile.

The next day i have a plan. I cant go through the day like i did yesterday.

"Hey, Alice?" i ask.

"Yes?" she said absentmindly, while she read a fashion magaziene until she got a vision of me asking her what Jasper was getting her for their anniversary. She jumpes up excitedly and begans to look in the future. While she is distracted, I make the decision to take Bella with me to school.

I go to Bella's room and gets dipers, toys, and a pillow. I go to my room and get my Biggest backpack. I take my biggest and hardest book from my shelf and put it on the bottom of the backpack. Then i put in the small pillow. I put toys around the pillow. I got gorrila tape and double stapped small little lights all around the inside of the backpack. Then i go get bella. She went to sleep early yesterday and has been up since 5, but just stayed in her crib, laying there quietly playing with her stuffed bear.

When i pick her up she squeals at me and smiles.

"Whould you like to come with me to school today?" i whispered. Her smile got even bigger when i said 'come with me'.

"keep quiet, ok?" i said, holding my fingers to my lips. She nodded, vigorously. This is one seriously smart baby.

I gentally put her in my bag. Her face lights up in delight when she sees all of her favorate small toys and books are in there. She smiles up at me. She grabs a couple of toys and lays down while playing with them. She is so adorable! I keep the top of the backpack open, while i go and gets a bag full of food for Bella.

When it is time to go, i pretend to sulk and make up an excuse to drive by myself. Inside i am excited..

The most of the day goes by so fast. Me and Bella have a blast! This is the first time i can say that school was not hell!

When we go to lunch though, that is where the trouble started. When we got to the table, everyone was already there. When she saw them she squealed. Everyone looked at me like i was crazy.

"Edward, i swear you just lost your man card." Jasper said.

"That's the only card he will ever lose at this rate, grampa." said Emmett, laughing. i glare at him.

"What has been going on with you today? First you make faces in class, and now your squealing? Edward, you need to get it together." Rose said.

Alice was just giggling. Hahaha! Wait until they found out what you really did! I looked at her shocked. I am not stupid Edward. I knew something was up when you asked me what Jasper was getting me for our anniversary. Plus, you made the unconscious to do it a long while ago. I have to say, it was brilliant except for the fact that Carlisle and Esme are freaking out at home and are about to come to the school within the next 15 min. Dont leave. It will only make it worse. Can i hold her?!

I nodded and gave her my backpack. She smiled and began to entertain Bella. Bella began to happily babble to Alice.

"Is that-?" Rose said.

"Did you really just put a baby in a backpack." Jasper said.

Emmett just bellowed in laughter and delight. "Let me hold Coco bean!

"I want to hold her too!" Rose said, now excited.

"Me too!" said jasper, absorbing all of the good vibes happily. People were starting to

look at us in shock. The Cullens never talked high enough where they could hear them.

"Can i hold her, first please?" Rose said. We pass my backpack to her, then Jasper, and finally Emmett. The lunch room door opens it is Carlisle and Esme. The whole lunch cafiteria went quiet. I grabbed my bag back quickly. Of course, they saw that. Carlisle raised his eyebrows.

"Son. Where is Bella?" Esme said. I look at her innocently, and shrug.

"I dont know, mom" i lie. Her eyes softenes a little, but she says

"Edward, i know you miss her doing the day, but you cant take her to school." Carlisle said. I huffed.

"Can i please stay home, then? Atleast until she gets older?" i ask. They look at me for a moment, before nodding.

" You have to finish today. But, i will agree with your terms. Now, where is she.?" Carlisle said. Bella sqealed softly. I pick up my bag and open it for them to see. They look in and to my suprise Carlisle laughs.

"Well, this is creative!" He picks up Bella. Esme smiles.

"Hello, Bella!" Esme said kissing Bella on the cheek. Bella babbles happily, with a finger in her mouth. Then she wiggles her little body, so she could see me. She held her little hands up asking for me to hold her.

I obliged and tickle her when i do. She giggles. Everyone freezes. That was her first giggle. I smile and look up. Alice is recording and everyone is just sittling there. After one silent second everyone was surounding me and Bella. Everbody was trying to hold her. It went from me, to Esme, to Jasper, to Carlisle, to Emmet, to Alice, and finally to Rose. Everyone was congratulating and encouraging her.

As i watched, i realize that Bella brought us all together. Bella is the one who brought complete joy in all of our lives. The days with bella are so special. They are our golden days.