Chapter 3

The next dayEDWARD

I sighed in fustration. Alice dragged me out here to the shopping mall to get stuff for Bella. I tried to protest, but she told me i was a worry hog and that everyone else could handle her. I frowned.

Its not that i thought they were incompetent.. i just wanted to be there when she woke up, to see her beautiful big doe brown eyes when she woke up. To see her smile that just lights up my world.

I feel a pang of longing in my chest. I huff. "Alice! How much longer are we going to be here?!" i ask exasperatedly.

She came over and wacked my head. "Calm down! We are almost done and if you continue to complain, i will make you come for the next month!" she hisses. I glare at her.

"Fine! But hurry up!" i said. Who knew sombody so small could be so annoying.

By almost done, she ment 42 stores later. I am about at the end of my patience when she says "Ok! were done now!" i huff and mutter "about time". She glares at me. When we get home i hear crying. It is loud and breaks my heart. Bella!

I run up the stairs to find everybody in distress. Carlisle is checking to make sure everything is ok with her. Jasper is rocking back and forth in the corner of the room, trying to calm everyone. Emmett is freeking out and Rose is not doing any better. Esme is in utter dismay.

"What is wrong with her?" i ask

"I dont know! She is perfectly healthy!" Carlisle said, passing bella to Esme.

"Did you feed her or change her diper?" i ask as Esme passes bella to Emmett.

"Yes! We tried all of that you idiot!" Rose shreakes as Emmett passes Bella to Rose. I was trying to calm my panic.

"How long has she been like this?" i ask.

"Two hours." Said Jasper deadpanned.

"Let me see her." Rose gave her to me eagerly. All of a sudden all of the cries stop. Bella was quiet. She openes her small eyes and looks at me happily. She smiles and begans to babble happily. I look at her confused, but smiled none the less.

"How did you do that?" Esme asks looking both confused and relieved.

"I dont know." i said.

"What did you do?" Carlisle asks.

"I just held her." i said not knowing what else to say. I feel a tug on my hair and look back down at a smiling Bella. She pointed to the bottle. I looked at her supprised.

"You are hungry?" i ask. She smiles even bigger and eagery drinks from the bottle.

She is so cute! She wraps both of her little hands around the bottle, trying to hold it herself. When she is done she looks at me and holds the bottle out for me to get it. I grab it and put it back on the table.

She snuggles into me and just quietly lays there stairing at me. I walk over to my music stand and put on some quiet Claire de loon. I grab a book and strech out on my sofa. Bella is quiet the whole time. She puts her small fingers on my face, touching my nose, eyes, lips, hair, ears, anything she could touch.

She looks at me in something like awe. I read as she slowly begans to drift back off to sleep.