Chapter 1

Raising Bella fanfic

Please excuse any spelling mistakes that i made. I suck at spelling..

Prefrace- How it came to be-EDWARD

I was in the wilderness thinking about the last few days. We just moved to forks and all of the typical little girls have tried to have there way with me at school. I hated it, but i am so glad that the last few days are over. They usually stop, and become dicouraged after a week or so.

I come to an abrupt stop when i hear some rustling in the trees. I listen to the even thumping of a human heart, and the small breaths of the human. I immediately began to hold my breath in caution before stepping foward.

My eyes widen as i take in the scene before me. There is a baby in the arms of a young woman, but the woman is dead. She looks as if she was running from something and is covering her baby frome what ever it is. I involuntary shiver.

I walk up to the baby, and see there is a note in the woman's hand. I gently pick it up. It is very strained and shakey hand writing. It says: Please, help my baby! She is 8 months old. Her name is Isabella Marie Swan. Take her and care for her as your-...

I did not need to know the rest. I understood. I looked at the baby for the first time and froze. She was already looking up at me. She had the most beautiful eyes. The brown in her eyes where warm and lively. Her hair was thick, short, and was curly. It was a shade darker than her eyes. She was quite pale for a child. She was perfect.

She gave me a smile that warmed my frozen heart. I felt a need to protect this child. A need i had never felt before.

I picked her up and marveled a her perfection. I gave her a smile. " Hey, little princess. I am going to take you to my house. We will find you a home." I rocked her gently and kissed her forhead. I am suprised that i did that, but even more suprised that it seemed like it was natural.

I ran back to the house, carefull not to jostle her. I was greeted by everyone on the porch. 'Edward, who is tha?'. Carlisle thought. 'Oh! A baby!' Thought Esme. 'A baby!' thought Rosalie. Alice's thoughts were all over the place. Jasper was cautious and thought, 'This is unwise Edward'... 'Finally you brought a girl home! I thought i would never see the day! Who knew you liked younger girls!' Emmett thought, amused. I gave him a small glare. But stopped when i heard a small squeal.

I looked down in surprise. As if on instinct, i began to look for any thing wrong with her. During the process i was twisting her around and holding her in the air. She began to babble. I could not help but chuckle at the delight in her face.

She had a finger in her mouth, her eyes were sparkling, and he had the biggest most carefree smile on her face. I heard Alice gasp. I looked up curiously, but she was hiding her thoughts from me.

Esme came and held out her hands. "Can i hold her?" i gave her a nod and hand Isabella over to her. As soon as she left my arms i felt a sudden since of sadness rush at me and felt cold without her warmth. I i dont know why, but i let it go, trying to syay on the positives.

Everyone was infractuated with Bella. Somewhere during the time i was watching her, i came up with the nickname for her. She went to bed at 9:27. Esme is now holding her, while Bella slowly drifyed off into soon as she slept, we had a family meeting. I told them about how i found her and gave them the note.

"Oh Edward im so glad you found her in time! Poor child! Carlisle can we please keep her?! we cant let this poor child go into the system!" Esme said with tears in her eyes. I knew if she could be crying, she would. I looked at little bella and felt something i never have before. I cant place what it was though. Jasper was looking at me both shocked and amused. I I felt a certain need to hold the perfect little angel. I walked over to Esme and looked at her hopefully. "May i hold her Esme?" She held bella out for me and as soon as she was in my arms she snuggles into me. I smile, feeling warmth of her little body. I felt a wave of contintment wave over me.

Carlisle was now done thinking about it and finally decides we will just have a family vote.

Did you like it? Yes? No?