Chapter 4

Monday

EDWARD

No! No! No!Today i have to go back to school. The weekend is long over and the sun is hidden behind thick stormy clouds.

I tried to reason with Carlisle and Esme, but they insisted that i went to school. They constantly reasure me that Bella would be fine. I dont want to leave her. I hate missing a moment of her life. I love just to be around her usual exciteable, yet calm self. She is smart, halarious, and has a way of just making the day so much better. She just always does the exact opposite of what i expect out of her and i love it!

I still cant read her mind, though. I talked to Carlisle about it and he said that it could possibly because she is so young. I tried to let it go, but i have a sinking suspicion and doubt, that i just might never be able to read her mind.

I reluctantly get up to get ready for school now, so that i could spend the next 2 hours with Bella. I go to Bella's Evergreen and sunshiny yellow room. Bella picked out the colors. She did not want pink or purple, much to Alice's dismey and everyone elses amusment. She has all of the furniture in here, but has no toys or books yet.

I walk over to her crib and sigh. She lays there sleeping peacfully. As if sencing my presence she rolled over. She was still asleep, but now i could see her little face. She has a small smile on her face as she sleep.

I gentally pick her up and sit in the rocking chair. She automatically snuggles into me with a small sigh. I rock back and forth gently and close my eyes.

"If i had known that you would be so happy with a baby, i would have gotten one sooner." Carlisle said, in the doorway, looking amused. Esme stood next to him with a gental smile on her face.

"Your spoiling her." Esme said, coming into mama bear mode. "How is she going to learn how to sleep on her own, if your always cuddling her?"

I chuckle softly. "Ive always loved children.. sometimes i forget that i have not told you my whole story yet.. anyway, there is something special about this one." i said quietly, knowing that th3y could hear me.

"Your whole story?" Carlisle said confused.

"You want to know? Ive kept it a secret for years, blaming myself for what happened. But then Bella came, just a happy and free baby.." I said sadly. By this time the whole family was in here. Everyone found a place and sat down. I look at Bella.

"You going to tell us or not?" Rose said, impatiently. I nodded and close my eyes for a moment, before opening them again. I look at my family and began.

"Im going to start from the begining, ok?

It was 1900. I was not born yet, but my older sister was. She was an April baby. They named her Elizabeth, but i always called her Liz. Back then, you needed a boy to take the family name one day, and you were shamed if you had a batch of all girls. In fact, many men after their second daughter with their wives, they would just get a mistress.

"My father loved my mother and sister dearly, but you can imagine it was abit dissapointing that they had a girl first. After my mom recovered, she had me. Then 13 years later she had another child. It was another girl. The chances of her having another girl where to high, and we were struggling finachally.

"My older sister had gotten betrothed by a man 3 years older than her. He was not rich, rich, But he had enough money to support her with ease. My sister was a simple women, just like my mother and had very small demands. She went with the flow, and did whatever was needed of her.

"About a year after their marrage they found out she was barren, so he abused her. When i found this out, i began to do whatever i could, but the simple thing was that i was only 15. I pre-ran my father's small business and i was just a skinny little nerded peice of shrimp. Did you know i used to wear glasses? All of my friends used to tease me about that.

"Mind you, This man was 6ft tall and so muscular, you would have thought he could pick up a 100 pound bag of flower like it was a piece of paper. Anyone else would have been cowering in fear too. I worked on reports, called courts, and everything. I tried the best i could to get alittle more musculin and well, yeah...

"I eventually got my sister out of there and she came back home, but she was not the same. She was both mentally and Physically messed up. I got her back in her right mind alittle, but she would still have flashbacks and have her days where she was just mentally gone. She passed away before she even turned 18.

"That is how i knew how to treat Esme and then Rosalie.

"I clung to my youngest sister, then. I kept her out of trouble and made extra precaution wherever she went. I loved that little Jellybean i called my sister. She was the total oposite of what my older sister had been. She was strong, defiant, and did only what she wanted. Luckly, we had this sibling bond where she kind of understood where she had drawn the line with me.

" Soon the spanish Influenza went through the country. She then caught it quickly, but lasted about a day before she died. I stayed with her for the whole time. Holding her hand and reassuring her. My Father was next. He got it, a little bit before she died.

"My mom did not leave my father during the whole time either. My father died right when people came to help. Me and my mother had already caught it, but it took alittle longer for it to get to us. She died first, though.

"Before, i 'died' all i felt was loneliness. All of my family was gone and i was just there paralyzed with pain, waiting for death to come.

"When i became a vampire and found out i was strong enough, i left Carlisle. The first thing i did was kill the boy who abused my sister. I was enraged that someone who could call themselves a man, would beat a woman. No man should ever lay a hand on a woman. I did not drink his blood though. I was too disgusted. After 10 years of killing other monsters, i realized that i was a monster for doing that. Not only that, but i had felt guilty for living and spending my "life" like that, while my whole family was dead. I let it all go and went back to Carlisle.

"Now as for my sisters, they will have never been remembered if not for my nearly perfect memory. Many of the people back then had burned their records, taunting them, saying that they diserved to be disowned." i finished. Carlisle was shocked. He was thinking about my life and piecing random information in his head. Esme was actually crying venom. It was not easy for a vampire to cry, but of they did they would have to have been feeling a very, very, very, strong emotion.

Jasper and Emmett were shocked. Alice had tears in her eyes, but she was not crying and to my supprise Rosalie had tears in her eyes too. In her head she said I hate to admit it, but now i have a new sence of appreciation toward you. Thank you Edward, for helping me even after my past.

i nodded at her and looked down at my Bella and smiled. Wait. Did i just say my Bella? Well, anyway, i suppose she is my little Angel. I look at the clock to see what time it is, but Esme says

"All of you stay home please?" i smiled.

"Yes, of course!" i said and everybody else nodded.

So.. i added more to Edward's story! Was it to much?

Did you like it? Yes? No?

Thank you for reading! Have an absolutely wonderful day! Please do comment!