123. / interlude | author's

"Wonwoo oppa, mamimiss kita. . ." said Tzuyu before giving Wonwoo a last hug. Nasa convenience store silang lahat at pumunta lang sila doon para makapagpaalam si Tzuyu kay Wonwoo. May duty si Wonwoo ng umaga at saktong umaga din ang flight ni Tzuyu kaya napag-isipan nilang dumaan doon.

"Mas mamimiss kita, Tzu. Ingat ka doon ah? I love you bro," sagot ni Wonwoo habang napa-ngiti naman si Tzuyu, "Ew. Joke, I love you too oppa," Tzuyu answered which made Mrs. Chou and Mingyu flustered. A few moments later, Mrs. Chou beckoned for Tzuyu to hop inside their van. Kumaway naman si Tzuyu kay Wonwoo habang papasok na siya sa kanilang van.

On the way to the airport, Tzuyu wasn't happy at all. Gusto niyang umiyak at magwala pero hindi niya kaya. Andito na eh, wala na siyang magawa pa.

"Tzu-"

"Don't talk to me," Tzuyu said before Mingyu could say a word. Napatahimik nalang si Mingyu at inilayo ang tingin nito mula kay Tzuyu. Magkatabi kasi sila sa van pero pilit na lumalayo si Tzuyu mula sa kanya.

"Fine," Mingyu mumbled before leaning away.

During the ride, Tzuyu's mind was filled with thoughts about the last days she spent with Sana.

Those days, were probably the best ones for her.

Hindi niya inakalang magmamahal siya nang ganito.

Back then, she used to tell herself she's straight. . . although it's quite true, her friends were a huge tempt to her.

But then, she tells herself she's a straight girl among her friends who were bendable and such. Not until she called the wrong hotline to find a boyfriend.

Desperado pa siyang makahanap ng boyfriend noong mga araw na 'yun. And even though she had found out about the 10-month hiatus of Boyfriend Hotline, hindi siya nawalan ng pag-asa.

She lost hope nang ma-realize niya na hindi talaga siya pinapayagan ng tadhana na magkaroon ng boyfriend.

She lost hope when Sana came on her way.

Hindi niya maintindihan kung paano siya nabago ni Sana. . . or Operator Shana.

All she knows is that, she loves Minatozaki Sana so much. Yet, destiny's been drifting them away from each other.

Before her thoughts could take her elsewhere, their van arrived at the airport. Lumabas na silang lahat at binuhat ang kanilang mga bagahe. Mingyu offered to carry Tzuyu's luggage but she insisted that she can do it on her own.

Ayaw pa niyang umalis.

She wanted to stay, for Sana.

Before they could completely enter the airport, narinig ni Tzuyu na parang may tumatawag sa kanya kahit maraming tao sa lugar na 'yon. She turned to face her back, only to see her friends. . .

. . . with Sana.

Tzuyu's heart raced once again as she saw Sana slowly approaching her. And before Sana could go near Tzuyu, Mingyu went beside the tall girl and held her hand tightly. Mrs. Chou followed as Tzuyu's friends went near them also.

"What are you doing here?" tanong ni Mrs. Chou kay Sana habang napa-abante si Jihyo na parang nagagalit, "Mrs. Chou, magpapaalam lang po kami. Is it wrong to say farewell to our friend?" Jihyo answered in a sassy way which made Mrs. Chou take a step back.

"Jihyo unnie, bakit nandito si Sana?!" pabulong na tanong ni Tzuyu habang napa-bitaw naman si Mingyu sa pagkakahawak niya.

"We're sorry Tzu," Jihyo said as she took a step back and let Sana approach Tzuyu. Pipigilan pa sana nina Mrs. Chou at Mingyu pero hinarangan na sila nina Jeongyeon at Mina.

"Tzuyu-ah. . ." Sana uttered as tears suddenly fell from her eyes. Tzuyu then lifted her hand to caress Sana's face for the last time.

"Shhhh, don't cry babe. . . you'll be okay," Tzuyu said softly, trying to comfort Sana. The older girl held Tzuyu's hand and looked at her.

"I'm not okay without you."

Meanwhile, Mrs. Chou and Mingyu wanted to stop Sana and Tzuyu at this moment, but then, Tzuyu's friends were acting as a barrier.

"Tzuyu, I can't imagine living my days without you. I love you so much, please stay with me. . ." Sana said, sobbing as Tzuyu wiped the tears off the older girl's eyes.

"I want to Sana, but. . . but I'm sorry I can't. I love you too babe, I promise I'll be back," Tzuyu said before leaning in and closing the gap between their lips. And for the last time, they shared a painful, goodbye kiss.

"That's straight up disgusting, Tzuyu!" Mrs. Chou yelled as she pushed Tzuyu's friends away and pulled her daughter away from Sana.

Sana's tears were falling much further when Mrs. Chou pulled Tzuyu away from her. Mingyu then approached them and held Tzuyu's hand once again.

"Sana, leave my girlfriend alone," Mingyu uttered before walking away from them along with Mrs. Chou and Tzuyu. Mina then pulled Sana into an embrace as the older girl couldn't stop crying.

"Shhhh Sana unnie, please don't cry," Mina said as she was trying to comfort Sana.

As the four of them watched Mingyu, Mrs. Chou, and Tzuyu walking away from them, Sana's heart was slowly breaking down into pieces. She couldn't imagine all of this happening in front of her eyes.

She lost her love.

She lost the one she loves the most.

She lost Chou Tzuyu.

To be continued. . .