"Found them!" Someone screamed with a snarl. I had the car in reverse as both men started running towards us. They had to be wolves, they were barefoot with only shorts on. 

"Charlie." She cried as I sped down the road. I took corners at 60, drifting the entire way. "Oh goodness, I didn't know you could drift." She whispered as we made it in the clear. They weren't behind us anymore, meaning they either left or are in the woods chasing us. My heart raced as we finally made it onto the main roads.

"Where is your family?" I asked her as we made it to a public place that is frequented at night. She was shivering right now, forcing me to hand her a sweatshirt in the back of my car. She gladly took it, shivering at the warmth.

"James is out of town for a few days, my dad is working late at the office, and my mom is a nurse." She was shaken up.

"Okay, did you call anyone else?" She shook her head crying. "Okay, call Luke and tell him to meet us here. I don't know if it's safe to go to my house since it's equally as vulnerable. Our best bet is to stay in public areas until someone can come get you or protect us." She nodded at me thinking through the scenarios. 

"I'm sorry." She sniffled. When I looked at her, I saw how shaken up she was. "It's early in the morning and I know you hate being woken up, but-" I grabbed her, bringing her into a tight hug. "Your car is probably ruined becaus-" I shut her up.

"You are what's important, Violet. My car is replaceable. I will be able to catch up on sleep. I can't revive a friend from death." She sat there crying, holding onto me tightly. 

"I love you." She held me as if I was her last breath. We sat here in the parking lot for what seemed like ages before she called Luke. We got out of my car and went inside the diner. When we walked in, the waitress we all know well dropped the smile on her face.

"I'll call. Take a seat at a booth, my loves." She was an older woman, similar to an aunt. She's known us all since birth. She disappeared before returning with tea and something light for Violet to eat. "Are you both okay? Are either of you hurt?" She said gently, hugging Violet gently. 

"Charlie saved me. I'm okay, they didn't get a chance to attack me." She said gently to Amy, the waitress.

"I'm glad." She said squeezing my shoulder as she hugged Violet. Vi was in need of a maternal figure to sooth her. When I stood up, Violet grabbed my wrist.

"I'm going to get you shoes and pants from the car, Vi." She nodded gently at me. "You can see me from the window." She looked at my car, then me and let me go.