Chapter 47 - Fools

*****Tissues advised*****

Bail Organa's hand hovered over the detonation button

Bail Organa's hand hovered over the detonation button. A few meters closer, that was all he needed, all anyone needed. And both Sith Master and Sith Lord would be blown into oblivion.  

Han pulled back against the wall holding his blaster vertical beside his face

Han pulled back against the wall holding his blaster vertical beside his face. Leia crowded his right thigh, with Luke and Chewie beside her. The smuggler raised his finger to his mouth to quiet the group.

The sounds of lightsabers on lightsabers crackled in the air. Grunts and moans followed each hit. Leia peeked her head around Han's leg. Luke stepped on his tiptoes and hung over Leia's shoulder. "That's my dad," he whispered loudly.

Chewbacca moaned as quietly as he could.

"Quiet." Han covered Luke's mouth.

The little boy shrugged off the hand and bounced on his feet.

Han looked to Chewie. "What do you think?"

Chewbacca growled a few answers as a Togruta and two Inquisitors passed their hiding spot.

"Yeah, I think you're right." Han bent down beside Leia. "Hey, I don't see your mom here. We're going to head on back around while we still c—"

"No, we can't leave. She's close." Leia's face scrunched while her eyes widened.

"How would you know. Look, little girl, we've got to get out of her before the Imperials figure—"

"Look!" Luke pointed to the throne.

"Mommy!" Leia cried, muffling her mouth were her hand.

"Wait a minute." Han turned his head back to the children. "That's Vader out there. No way I'm taking this any—"

Han couldn't hear the words from the decrepit Emperor, but he knew a death threat when he saw one. He grabbed Leia and pulled her to his chest. "Don't look. Don't look, Sweetheart."

Chewbacca grabbed Luke and pressed the boy to him. The small boy wriggled and squirmed his way free. He turned in time to see his father kneel before the Emperor.