Chapter 13 - Mesoamerica

Welcome to Mesoamerica

The region of Central America which includes modern-day Central Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Northern Costa Rica. Its main religion was Mayan. 

Okay, this is a modern-day map because I couldn't find one from the era I was looking for, but you have some idea of what region we are at. 

Also, no ink dots on this one because the town the riders will be visiting is ambiguous (but there is a town with the same name near to Mexico City). 

I might make mistakes so forgive me! And you can correct me, just be nice about it!

What sort of shenanigans will Eret, Heather, and Pedro get up to here?

Let's find out!

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

"Pedro...when we land I'm going to rip your head off..." Eret cried as Pedro nervously took the lead on their next adventures.

Below them, they had seen nothing but water since they left Motunui a few days ago and not only were the dragons getting tired but the riders too.

"I'm sorry!" Pedro cried as Eret groaned.

"We are off course and we have no idea where we are.." Eret cried as Pedro groaned. "I'm not going to let you take the lead again!"

"Everywhere you have taken us we have almost always been killed!"

"And you keep on taking us off course!"

"We have no plan!" Pedro said. "We are just flying through the air to wherever so how can I be taking you off course if we don't even have a map!"

"Stop it!" Heather screamed and Eret and Pedro looked at her. "Just get us somewhere now before I go off on my own!"
Pedro nodded and continued to take the lead.

There had to be land...somewhere.

***

"When I said to take us somewhere, I didn't mean...this..." Heather said as they looked around in the town they had landed in.

Women wore rose crowns on their heads as their faces and decorated with colored paint to represent a skull.

There were candles alight everywhere, people taking baskets and offerings as families gathered. All the streets were decorated with flower garlands and ribbons as Heather was in awe over how beautifully stunning everything was.

"I mean...wow..."

As she walked aimlessly, she banged into someone who threw flower petals up into the air as they showered down on them all. "I am so sorry!" Heather apologized as the young man, with dark hair, tanned skin and wearing bright clothes laughed.