Chapter 12 - Maori Tribes

Welcome to the Maori Tribes of the Pacific

These are the people who inhabit the Pacific Islands which include modern-day French Polynesia, Samoa, New Zealand, Tonga, Hawaii, and Tuvalu. The people practiced traditional Maori Religions.

This is actually the ONLY time where I can't actually map off where Eret, Heather, and Pedro have gone because...well...they are going to Motunui and it does not exist!

But, above is a map of the Pacific Islands. There are so many more that you cannot see so maybe it will be one of those, who knows!

Also, just a quick note - if I make any cultural errors or mistakes about the Maoris, please let me know and I will correct them!

I'll see you guys on the other end!

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Heather awoke to see someone standing out on the deck and she headed out. "Morning..." She said and Eret turned to her and smiled.

He handed her a coconut cup as he leaned on the desk, the ocean crashing below. "Morning..." He sighed. "Feeling better?"

Heather nodded. "Much better...although, I still don't know a lot about what happened..."

It had been a few weeks since Heather was attacked by the Pontianak and had been a few days since she had been awake, talking and eating once again.

She was now moving around, feeling better and full of energy and Eret had noticed when she had changed her clothes one day, that there were no scars on her body from the moment when the Pontianak had stabbed her.

Eret and Pedro had not told her about the baby, instead, telling her the Pontianak attacked her merely because she was a target being out and about.

She hadn't questioned anything so they assumed she believed them.

And while it killed Eret to lie so openly to her, he knew it was for the best.

Maybe someday in the future, he can tell her the truth but not right now.

"So...we heading out or staying longer?" Heather asked as Eret laughed only to hear Pedro scream.

Eret and Heather looked at each other and ran down the wooden stairs of the deck and into the sea (for the tide was in slightly). They ran to the beach and saw Pedro on a boulder. "What happened?" Eret asked, removing his sword, ready to hurt someone.

"It touched me!" Pedro cried, pointing to the sand and Heather and Eret looked down to see a large snake, slithering through the sand, only to be grabbed from it's tail by Blazeheart who tossed it in the air and Firecracker snatched it, and Skullcrusher pulled it away.